Chapter 22

Yugi walked through the Emergency Ward the next night, his new coat flying behind him with every step he took. He saw doctors chattering back and forth as patients came in, critical and stability levels greatly varying.

Yami stood in one section, his arms crossed and his feet crossed as well. He looked up at Yugi, smirking slightly.

"Ready for a full night of work, Aibou?" He questioned, playfully.

"Oh, Mou Hitori No Boku!" Yugi gasped ever so dramatically, "i don't think I am!!"

Laughing slightly, Yami swept him off his feet.

"Then we shall do it together! Side by side!!" He cried, "My baby panda and I!"

Yugi laughed, swinging his legs back onto the ground, standing again. The two of them exchanged glances, smirking.

Mana sat at the desk nearby, surrounded by ringing phones and busy nurses, but she was a lucky one tonight. She hadn't received one single call and her check list was cleared for the day.

So, she sat playing a video game. Yami ran over, kneeling right next to her to see what she was doing. Yugi joined them.

"Come on, come on, come on..." Mana muttered, "I gotta beat my highscore..."

Yugi and Yami watched, completely amused by her gaming habit. She didn't seem to take any notice that they were there.

Mana was leaned into the computer screen (much like I am to my iPhone when I watch Netflix), deep in concentration. Yami smirked and stood back up, joining Yugi's side behind her.

He elbowed Yugi gently, smiling.

"Watch this." He said simply, winking at Yugi and making him giggle ever so slightly. Yami looked at Mana again, a slight smirk increasing as he cupped his hands around his mouth.

"MANA! GRIFFIN! BEHIND YOU!" He called, temptingly frightful.

Mana jumped and looked behind her, her character disappearing as she died. She banged her fist on the table.

"Aaaaaaaw!" She pouted, "Yami, I was sooooo close!!"

"I thought I saw one!" Yami looked out of the corner of his eye to see Mahad on his way to the desk as well, "I guess he went away..."

Mahad saw that Yami was looking at him and eyed him, shrugging. Yami only looked back at Mana.

"Glad you missed him, because he was quite the beast if you looked at him." Yami shook his head, being sure to speak loud enough for Mahad, but not too loud so that it would be obvious.

"Yeah...he made me sick to my stomach." Yugi agreed, pretending to be sick.

Mana rolled her eyes as Mahad broke into a slight run in her direction. He could hear their conversation.

"Mana!!!!" He playfully roared, hugging her tightly and almost making her fall out of her chair, "I've finally got you now!!"

Mana laughed, slightly surprised.

"Mahad!!" She beamed, Yami and Yugi both smiling behind them.

Mahad chuckled, letting her go and Mana sat back down at her computer, pulling up and exiting different sites, now not playing games, but going to work websites, like she should have been doing.

"Heya, Griffin-Man!" Yami joked, laughing.

"Ha ha ha," Mahad fake laughed in a playful, mocking way, "That was very funny, Sennen."

Yami looked at him and smile one of his very own signature smiles, placing his hands on his hips like a superhero, imagining a cape fluttering behind him like those really epic heroes in Marvel or something like that.