Epilogue

It was done.

Yami's funeral had been held on Christmas Day, only a mere few days following his death. Yugi found himself standing at that grave for hours on end after the ceremony was over, looking simply at the grave at his feet, where Yami now lay, never to see the light of day again.

His Mou Hitori No Boku was truly gone. Yugi would never hear his voice or laughter again. He would never see his beautiful crimson eyes again. He would never feel his loving arms around him ever again.

It was over. The evil man that had trailed him for years had won and Yami didn't have to suffer anymore. And neither did some of the patients who had been so close to him. Yami left behind so many pieces of both himself and his personality.

He had touched everyone he came into contact with in some way, shape, or form. Whether he was their doctor, or was just a mere friend. The funeral was of the most beautiful Domino City had ever had and it was all in honor of one of most beautiful people they had the honor of having lived there. Nearly everyone there spoke about him and said a few words.

They all expressed their gratitude toward a man like Yami and toward everything he had done for everyone. It stunned Yugi when he realized how many people had come to the funeral, whether it had been patients or friends and colleagues.

It was one of the largest crowds Yugi had ever seen at a funeral. Yami was greatly loved throughout the City and everyone who had known him was so supportive of Yugi and continuously consoled him and Yami's closer friends.

But once it was all done, it was as though everyone, stranger or friend, had been strung together into a tragically beautiful scene. Stranger hugged stranger and everyone seemed to know everyone else at that point.

But Yami's presence did not stop there. Following his death, his organs had been deemed healthy enough for transplants to the patients who needed them most in the hospital.

His brain had gone to Jesse, who woke up almost immediately after his transplant with the majority of his memories restored.

His lungs had gone to Yusei, the lead singer of Team Satisfaction, who also left the hospital healthy only a mere few days after his own transplant.

But the person to be the most impacted was Yugi. He received Yami's heart both metaphorically and physically, having been the one to receive his heart in a transplant to remove his artificial heart. He couldn't live on it forever.

But it still made him feel empty when he felt his heart beating afterwards. That was Mou Hitori within him. Yami's heart beat inside of him.

As strange as it seemed, it was all the more true.

That was 4 years ago.

Since that day, so much had changed. Yugi wasn't as happy as he used to be. He continued to work long days and would be considered to be the most hardworking doctor in the hospital, taking closely after his deceased lover.

On top of all of that, Yugi ran a string of well kept, well run orphanages that ran under the name that Yami had oh so wanted to name it once he died:

Sennen's House for The Forgotten

It was the most successful orphanage system to ever hit Japan and China. Since its origin all those years ago, it had grown to Korea and many surrounding countries and it was slowly, but surely making its way to the Americas.

But even with all the orphanage establishments and all the people involved in it, they all had one common knowledge of one pair of common names.

Yugi, their founder and his lover: Yami, who had the vision of the orphanage chain in the first place.