Chapter 46

"Heart Beat's dropping!!!"

"Fluid levels decreasing!"

"Oxygen Intake ceasing! Get that tube!!!"

Mahad paled, looking up again. His tears filled his eyes as the crazed monitors reached his ears. He gritted his teeth and shook his head, not letting what was happening happen.

it couldn't.

Yami could not die.

Not like this. Not in a tragedy like a plane crash.

Not blind, not deaf, and not paralyzed. He couldn't go that way.

"Mahad! Stop standing there and do something!!!" Ishizu snapped her fingers, getting Mahad back out of his thoughts.

"Starting CPR!" He rushed to his still chest and began pressing sharply on it, praying silently under his breath.

"C-Come on, Yami..." He muttered, over and over again, "...you can do this... I know you can... all you need to do... is wake up... for Yugi... for Mana... for me... for everyone... C-Come on, please..."

Yami didn't change, the monitors getting worse by the second. Where was Mana? She left to check on Yugi a while ago, but why wasn't she back yet?

What was going on? Why was she taking so long?

...was Yugi alright???

"MAHAD!" ishizu's voice broke the tensity of the room as the other doctors rushed around him, "YAMI IS CLOSER TO DEATH THAN HE WAS EVEN BEFORE. HURRY IT UP IF YOU WANT TO SAVE HIM!"

Mahad jerked his gaze back.

"I DO WANT TO SAVE HIM!" He struggled to conceal the tears in his eyes as he glared at Ishizu's comment, "WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I DON'T?!"

"THE FACT THAT YOU ARE TOO BUSY CRYING INSTEAD OF FIGHTING!"

"GUYS!!!" Miho jumped in the middle of them, "Like i told Yugi when he was struggling to save Yami that last time, this is no time to fight and fighting will not help up solve this problem! Hurry and think fast!"

Mahad looked around.

The monitor flatlined.

"NO HEART MOVEMENT!!!" Mai called, paling more.

"Miho! Get me the defibrillator!!!" Mahad suddenly pointed at a machine that sat in the corner, "Fast!"

Miho did so. Mahad looked up.

"Get that tracheotomy. Stat. As soon as that heart is back up, we need to clear the airway to his lungs of all the blood!" Mahad gave out orders as he went, shoving the worry and tears to the back of his mind, "Mai! what are the readings on the pressure in the chest???"

Mai turned quickly and began looking through the readings for the answer Mahad needed. Another nurse rushed into the supply closet nearby to retrieve the tube he asked for.

Mahad looked back and locked eyes with Miho, who carted a large machine his way, handing his two paddles desperately.

"here! Hurry! He has mere moments!" Miho warned Mahad about something he was already aware of.

Mahad turned to Yami's still form that began to deteriorate in front of him. Miho flipped a switch on the machine and a whir flew through the air around them.

"Miho! 200 joules!" He said, rubbing the paddles he held firmly together.

The whir got slightly higher as Miho did so. Mahad felt the electricity between the two paddles through his fingertips.