Chapter 6

A week passed the hospital. Jaden had been put to rest in a formal funeral and the Duel Academy had been being built ever since the fire that burned the place to the ground. The people at the Academy decided that along with the new area and the new building, they would add a new section called the Remembrance Garden.

The Academy had many students who took terrible blows from the flames, and only one managed to save them all when they couldn't get out. He was the only one to die. But he was also the main reson they made the garden.

Jaden was one of those really obnoxious and annoying kids, but he was a good one. Anyone who got to know him would agree that he was definitely one to remember. From the jokes to his goofiness, to his headstrong will, to his determination, he was a different and an interesting student.

Which was also something multiple students wanted to remember.

Hospital life changed very little, but Yami became more focused when at work during surgical procedures and emergency situations. He understood how every good doctor, at one point or another, lost a patient.

But it made him feel terrible.

"Yami?" Yugi looked at him that day after another successful surgery, "Everything okay? Ever since Jaden died, you've been kinda down..."

"Oh yugi...how could I not be down?" Yami looked at him, "Jaden was one of my best patients...and he died under my supervision!!"

Yugi gripped his hand.

"Yami, not everyone can be saved..." Yugi said, looking down, "As sad as it is, it's true."

Yami sighed and looked at him.

"I guess it is...and we can't change it..." Yami said to his aibou.

"But you know what we CAN do?" Yugi returned, looking to cheer his Mou Hitori No Boku up.

Yami looked at him questioningly, raising his eyebrow ever so slightly.

"What do you mean, Aibou?" He asked before Yugi could reply.

"Dance through it~!" Yugi beamed, taking both Yami's hands in his own and skipping in a circle with Yami into the Doctor's Lounge, "Show me your dancing moves!"

Yami laughed, skipping with Yugi. He and Yugi finally stopped when they bumped into the table nearby with food all across the middle for all the doctors.

"Oops!" Yugi giggled, "Our dance party must end! We must eat!!"

Yami chuckled.

"We must~!!" Yami raised a single finger, his voice becoming one of greatly exaggerated sophistication, "It is crucial to our survival!"

Yugi laughed, "Survival? How about health?"

"Both!" Yami returned, a smirk planted on his face.

"Curses." Yugi muttered playfully, pouting, "Foiled again."

"VICTORY!!" Yami laughed, throwing his arms into the air, "HANDS DOWN!!"

Yugi smiled, looking down at the various foods. People brought in food of all types for the doctors during break time.

They had garlic bread, mashed potatoes, chocolates, chocolate chip cookies, salads, brownies, and so many other good foods. Yami's mouth watered at the food waiting to be eaten.

"So, what are you having?" Yami looked at Yugi, who seemed to be eyeing the box of donuts on the edge of the table a lot.

"....donuts." Was all the violet eyed young man could say before subconsciously reaching out and grabbing the box happily.

He took one and bit into the dough and smiled dreamily.

"Ooooooh...." Yugi muttered happily, "That's REALLY good..."

Yami chuckled.

"Donuts are very good. Could I have one?" He asked, holding out his hands for the box.

"Huh?" Yugi looked at Yami and nodded, "Oh, yeah. Here you go." He handed the box over to Yami.

Yami smiled and grabbed one of the fattest ones, biting into it. He also was very impressed by its quality. It was even still warm. And Yami absolutely loved warm donuts. They were his favorite kind!

They both went along eating in silence, the silence being a side effect of the really good food they were eating.

Finally, after what seemed like hours, but was really minutes, Yami broke the quiet of the room.

"Yugi?" He asked, "Do you still live in that apartment of yours?"

Yugi looked up, tilting his head slightly.

"Yeeeeah?" He replied, raising his eyebrows from the seemingly random question.

"Do you want a house instead of an apartment?" Yami returned.

"Uh..." Yugi had to think about this question, for he felt that his apartment was home to him. He had lived there for years, "..it'd be a little nice..."

Yami stood and walked over to Yugi.

"I want you to move in with me." He stated, thoroughly serious.

Yugi's eyes only widened as he finished his donut.

What had Yami just said???