CHAPTER-IV

I knocked at the door and backed a little while waiting with my back facing the door.

"Hello." A melodious voice came from behind. I turned around and was awed to see him. He was standing in front of me, gazing at me with his enchanting forest green eyes. They were so bright and...

"How can I help you?" His voice brings me back into reality and I shake my head slightly before opening my mouth to speak. Suddenly I found it hard to speak and my mouth felt dry. He knitted his brows confused by my dumbness and I swear I felt my heart skipped a beat as he stared at me with that look.

"Bella. Why are you standing there? Come inside," Evy recited appearing behind him and I find myself able to move. He stepped aside and I let myself in.

Holy crap! What's wrong with me! I scolded myself before settling on the couch beside Evy while he sat opposite us.

"My cousin I told ya about," Evy chirped gesturing at him and I realized I was staring at him.

"Hello. I am Asher Edwards. You can call me Ash," he spoke with his British accent and gave me a delightful smile. I felt my heartbeat accelerating. I pinched myself while averting my gaze from him.

It's not a dream. Something's seriously wrong with me. I am sick. I need to visit a doctor.

Evy nudged my side and I glared at her.

"What's wrong girl?" she barely whispered for me to hear.

"I am trying to figure it out too." I smiled sheepishly at her before glancing up. I found him gazing at us with a small smile on his lips.

Did he hear that? I frowned at him puzzled. Evy cleared her throat bringing me back into reality. I took a small deep breath before beginning.

"Hi Ash, I am Annabella Martinez. You can call me whatever you like- Bella, Bel, Bells, El-"

"Anna"- he locked gaze with me-"can I call you Anna?"

"Yea." I blurted out and was surprised by my own reply. I had never let anyone call me Anna. I don't know myself why. I glanced at Evy to find her frowning at me. She looked like she was about to say something but her eyes softened and she smiled.

Her phone rang and she excused herself. I stole a glance at him before putting my attention back on my right foot. He must be thinking I am a weirdo which I am as I kept gazing downwards as my life depends on it. Well, it's better than him being thinking of me as a slut. I don't know but I found myself lost in his eyes.

I feel like I will spend my entire life looking in those green eyes and there's something strange happening too. It's like something is pulling me towards him; an invisible force wanting me to hold him, kiss him. Telling me to make him mine.

Arghh. What's that feeling! I don't recall feeling like this before with any guy and I had only met him.

"Anna, can I ask you something?" I jerked my head upon hearing his voice. I didn't realize I have done it with much force that black dots danced before my eyes. It took me a couple of seconds to analyze what he just said.

"Anything."

"Are you alright?" he asked me.

No, I ain't. I am going nuts.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I gushed and pulled on a smile for assurance but something else was going on inside my mind.

I have gone crazy. I have gone crazy. I enchanted as I imagined myself rolling my head and eyes simultaneously like a dance step. I know I sounded weird. Well everyone is weird in their own way which means I am doing just fine.

"Please recommend me some good cafés nearby."

Well, that's easy.

"Ash. I am so sorry. I won't be able to give you a tour around the city," Evy gushed sitting beside him.

"It's fine," Ash replied.

"I suddenly got some work. I am so sorry. I am feeling so bad for you right now. If it isn't urgent. I don't know what should I do. If only it wouldn't have happened now. I would be able to-" her blabbering was stopped by Ash as he placed his hand on her shoulder and an understanding passed between them as he gave her a small sweet smile.

"Well, I am free today. I can give you a tour around the city." The words were already out of my mouth before I could stop them.

"If you don't mind!" I quickly added and looked up at him. My brain wants him to deny the proposal but my heart says otherwise. He searched my eyes for something before speaking, "Sure."

My heart does a happy dance.

"That would be awesome," Evy gushed cheerfully before pulling me into a hug.

"You are a lifesaver. Thank you so so so much."

"It's nothing," I said as a matter of fact. I am free and who mind having fun and maybe spending some time will let go of the uneasiness.

"Shall we go then, Anna?" He asked in his alluring British accent and I nodded my head.

He opened the door for me like a gentleman and followed me outside. I waited outside the door as he marched away to take his car. After a few minutes, a white car stopped before me from which Ash hopped out. It's a beautiful white Mustang with black stripes at the front.

"Nice car," I complimented as he opened the door for me.

"Thanks," he answered and took his seat behind the wheel.

I showed him some random shops and other places and told him everything about the places like a guide. My nerves began to calm more as I talked and I became more comfortable with him. I am glad that I offered to give him a tour.

"That restaurant is really nice. I have heard the food here is mouthwatering. You should try someday," I exclaimed excitedly and gazed at him. He has a strange expression on his face like he doesn't believe what I'm saying.

"Believe me," I mumbled slowing slumping in my seat. He chuckled, his cute dimples on display and I felt my heart skyrocketing.

"I believe you and why try it some other day. Let's try today," he exclaimed and parked his car near the restaurant. He hopped out of his car and opened the door for me while I stared at him wide-eyed. I was confused. I mean is it happening for real! I haven't been to this restaurant before.

"May I!" He put forward his right hand while I blushed. I slowly placed my left hand in his and sensation passed through my whole body. He gave me his charming smile again before taking me inside.

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

Here's another chapter. Hope you all like it.

Please share your views about it in the comment section and don't forget to vote :)

Till then bye ;)

Stay safe, stay healthy!