CHAPTER-XXXVI

I picked up Anna and Mel and stopped at Ren's place

I picked up Anna and Mel and stopped at Ren's place. Ren was standing there waiting for us.

"All set," I asked getting out of the car.

"Yup. Shall I put my bag in there?"

"Sure." I opened the car trunk and he put his bag there. They both hopped out of the car.

"Hi," Anna said smiling.

"Hi," he replied and shifted his gaze at Mellisa.

"Hi, I am Warren Thompson. Nice to meet you." He forwarded his hand for a shake.

"Hi, I am Mellisa Miller. Nice to meet you too." She shook his hand with a bright smile.

"That idiot told me they will be here within 10 minutes. If you want, you can wait inside," he said the last part shifting his gaze to Anna and Mel.

"No, we are good. We will wait here," Mel replied politely.

"Okay."

We all talked about random stuff to kill time. After a while, a car came into view with Zane behind the wheel.

"Finally they arrived," I pointed out heaving a sigh.

"Heya guys," Sam yelled from the car. His bright teeth shone in the sun as he grinned like a small kid. Zane slowed the car and Sam jumped out of it.

"He is as hyperactive as usual." Anna sighed shaking her head.

Ren thwacked his head, scolding him. "Are you an idiot?"

"Well, he is!" Anna said. Ren and I turned to look at her.

"There is no doubt," Anna added shrugging.

"You are right." Ren nodded in approval.

Sam turned towards me, "Save me, Ash."

I sighed. "Ren, you know how he is. Let's not waste our time."

"Get in the car," I muttered to Sam.

"Yeah, let's get going," Ren said adjusting his glasses.

Sam hurriedly climbed into the passenger seat.

"Hey, that's unfair. You get back to your car." Ren grumbled.

"There is no name written, is there?" Sam grinned teasing him.

"But I don't want to go in that car." Ren crossed his arms over his chest.

"Hey, dude. My car doesn't bite. Come on," Zane argued ostensibly offended.

"Come on, Ren. Stop being grumpy."

"Shut up, you jerkface. I will make you pay." Stomping his foot, he walked towards Zane's car.

"Yeah, Yeah, smarty pants." Sam stuck out his tongue at him like a five year fuming him even more.

"Just you wait, eyesore." He glared at him.

"Wow, a whole new set of insults! Impressive, I gotta say, pop" I remarked sarcastically.

"If you both don't mind, will you save it for later 'cause we are getting late?"

"Well, for your kind information, the girls are super nice to you but not to me, mate," He argued displeased.

"Oh, I see"- I made my way toward their car. -"Girls, please be nice to him, will ya?"

"When had we treated you badly, Ren?" Sammy glared at him peeved.

"Thanks for making things worse." He gave me a tight-lipped forced smile.

I heaved a sigh, "Alright you can take my seat."

"Thanks but it's alright. I'll manage." He climbed into the car.

"And who wants to sit in the same car as that dolt, who knows he will infect me with his dimwittedness?" he muttered crossing his arms over his chest.

I knew it was the wrong timing but I couldn't help myself from chuckling.

Ren narrowed his eyes at me and looked at me with awe. "Did you just laugh at me?"

I wanted to say 'No, I just remembered a joke.' But I guess it will worsen the situation as he was not Mason.

"Sorry about that," I said clearing my throat.

"I gotta admit you are on a roll today. I can't even blame it for you to wake up on the wrong side. Did something happen?"

He heaved a sigh. "It's nothing. I'll be normal in a while. Sorry for worrying you."

I pulled out a bar of chocolate from my pocket. Yes, I always have one in my pocket if not more.

"Here, eat this. It will make you feel better."

"Thanks." He took it and slipped it into his pocket.

"You can go now otherwise we will get late." His eyes softened and the lines on his forehead ease a little.

"Like we are not," Sammy grumbled rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, I know we are," Ren retorted.

"And who's fault is this?" She glared at him.

"Mine!" I intervened as I don't want to deal with another dispute.

"Why not we just put a tent here and bicker with each other? I'll join too. Sounds like fun, right?" I remarked forcing a smile.

"It's enough, Sammy. Don't ruin the mood," Linda decided to speak finally.

"You go, Ash. Zane and I will make sure they won't fight anymore." She gave me an assuring smile.

I heaved a sigh and shook my head in acceptance. "Thank you a lot."

"Don't sweat. See ya, there." Zane revved the engine and drove away.

I hurried to my seat. Settling down, I put on my seat belt.

"Is he good?" Mel asked concern etching her face.

"Yeah. Don't worry, they are always like that, pulling each other's legs." I gave her an assuring smile.

"Shall we go now?" I asked looking at the girls.

"Yes!"

"Sure."

I started the car and pulled onto the road. Sam decided to tell us jokes to keep the journey lively and entertaining. Mel blushed and smiled at his antics while Anna decided to look outside the window to kill time.

They both look cute together. It's a good opportunity to bring them together.

I smiled and put my attention on the road.

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

Hello lovely readers. How are you all?

Here's another chapter. Hope you like it.

Please share your views in the comments section and press the star if you like.

Till then bye ;)

Stay safe, stay healthy!