CHAPTER-III

After having dinner, I showered and changed into my nightclothes

After having dinner, I showered and changed into my nightclothes. Today was a long day with all the work at the cafe. I am that much exhausted I might fall asleep right here. I have taken leave for this weekend as from Monday there's school and I don't want to be a mess on my first day.

Fortunately, I have earned enough of this vacation to pay my expenses and I will continue to work part-time. It's not like Fanny, my aunt doesn't give me money but I don't want to rely on her. I want to be independent and it's not like I had something to do at home. I am always alone at home which I hate the most so why not kill two birds with one stone.

I was about to hit the bed when my eyes fell on something unusual. I crawled to my windowsill to find a handsome boy standing by his windowsill opposite me.

Well, you can't see a handsome boy standing at his windowsill every day looking adorably at the sky. He didn't seem to notice me at all. Might be in his fantasy world. He was gazing at the sky like a child yearning for his favorite sweet. Suddenly, a smile appeared on his face and he was looking so adorable.

As I concentrated, I make out some of his features. I don't know but I have this ability to see clearly even at night to a certain extent. I know you might think I am making it up or have gone insane. I know right. That's why I haven't told this to anyone not even Fanny.

The moonlight reflected on his face, making his features even more graceful. His shiny brown hair resting freely on his forehead, chiseled jawline, pointed nose, and a hint of dimples which might be on full display when he smiled before. I wondered how someone can be so handsome. Maybe I am too exhausted to think straight.

I put the back of my hand on my mouth to suppress a yawn.

"I remembered now. He's Asher, Evy's cousin. She had told me about him. He is gonna live with them from now on and he's going to the same school as me." I smiled and clapped cheerfully like I have solved a maths problem. With the promise to pay him a visit in the morning, I went to bed.

"Ahh," I grumbled as I sat up.

"Why am I not able to sleep? I am too exhausted to be awake now. What's wrong with me?" I whined kicking in the air.

As I closed my eyes to sleep, I don't know why but his charming face came before my eyes. It's not like I haven't seen handsome guys but there's something different about him. The way he was gazing at the moon, there was something in his eyes and only thinking about his gaze on me sent chills through me.

"It's not like I have fallen for him already, have I? No, no one falls in love only by looking at someone for a couple of minutes. It only happens in stories and it's real life. Pull yourself together. You are being optimistic. Think straight. He didn't even notice you so shut up and sleep." I pulled the comforter and with much effort finally drifted to sleep.

*******

"Argggh." I shielded my eyes with a pillow as sun rays fall on me. I cursed myself for not pulling the drapes before sleeping and now I am too lazy to get up and do that so I slept like that for a while before I heard noises downstairs.

"I want to sleep more," I grumbled nevertheless got out of bed, and made my way downstairs.

"Hey Bel," she paused. I gazed at her through shielded eyelashes.

"you look like a mess."

It's the result of lack of sleep and overwork, and I had pulled my hair in frustration which added to it.

"I know," I muttered and sat on the barstool resting my head on the counter.

"Need a coffee."

"Yeah." I shifted a little and studied her as Fanny makes coffee for me. Stefanie Moore, my guardian. It's an irony that I live with her but don't even know where she works. She has never told me. I don't know much about my parents.

She had told me she is my mother's friend and that's all. I had asked her a million times where are my parents or if they are dead, but she never answered me so practically I stopped asking. I have blurry memories of my mother and nothing else.

"Here." She handed me my coffee and walked into her room. It feels like I am living with a stranger. We rarely talk as she is always busy with her work and whenever she is not, she is sleeping.

I think I know more about my neighbors who just shifted here two years ago than her. Evy is a sweet girl although she exaggerates a lot and damn she is hot. Her brother doesn't seem to much friendly. Emma and Will look a little too young to be their parents. They both are sweet and loving. I wonder how it feels to be with your parents.

I sometimes wonder if they are aliens. I mean they are just too perfect and they all are extremely good-looking to be from this world.

That's what Mel says about you. My inner voice says to which I rolled my eyes. Taking the last sip, I washed it and walked upstairs to have a shower. After doing my business in the bathroom, I changed into a pair of denim and a crop top. Subsequently filling up, I took out my white sneakers and jacket and headed to my neighbors.

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

Here's another chapter. Hope you enjoy it.

What do you think about Annabella? Please share your views with me and please vote if you like the chapter.

Love ya♥️♥️

Stay safe, stay healthy!