CHAPTER-XXIV

I let out a sigh as I headed for my class

For no reason, I am aggrieved. I mean nothing happened.

Ash didn't pester me today like every day. On the contrary, instead of smiling and gazing at me with those seraphic eyes; he let out a sigh and averted his gaze from me.

It's the result of what happened yesterday. But I don't know why there's a slight pang in my chest like someone is squeezing my almost lifeless heart and my heart is responding to set free.

Like it was waiting for a reason to beat again. Now it is silently pleading to experience all those feelings and emotions again. To recall how it feels to be alive and wants to feel alive one more time.

Can I fulfill its request? Can I give myself one more chance?

No, it will never happen.

Shaking my head, I walked inside the class.

"What the hell?!" I yelled at him agitated. The boy sitting before him flinched but he showed no sign of fear.

"How do I know?" he replied shrugging, with the roll of his eyes.

"This is my seat," I said through gritted teeth, my hands balled into fists.

That trickster! What I saw in the morning was simply an act?

"I don't see your name written anywhere." He retorted back cockily, which only added to my fury. I yanked him by his collar and he looked me in the eyes for the first time.

"You did it on purpose."

"Yeah! You are right!" He raised his brows, shaking his head.

"I made all the students occupy all the seats except yours." Sarcasm was dripping from his voice. I looked from the corner of my eye, there was actually not even a single empty seat.

"What is going on in here?" The teacher yelled. We both turned 45 degrees to look at her.

"Miss, they are fighting over seats," Lisa told her rather amusingly.

"Mr. Martin, leave his collar right now." She glared at me. I left his collar huffing while he smoothed his shirt.

"You both are going to sit with each other for the rest of the semester. That's your punishment."

"But-" I opened my mouth to argue but she silenced me.

"Yes, Mr. Martin. Do you have any problem?" she asked in a stern voice, her eyes daring me to object.

"No." I close my eyes, calming myself, and slid into my seat beside Ash.

He didn't utter a single word during the whole class. His eyes were only fixated on the board and his notebook.

Well, that's good. As long as he doesn't talk to me, I won't lose my tranquility.

"Okay, today's class is over."

"Thank you, miss!" The front benchers said cheerily.

I looked at him from the corner of my eye, he pulled out something from his pocket. Looks like a chocolate bar.

"And you, Mr. Martin. I hope you will behave during my class," she said as a warning. I nodded.

I picked up my bag but came to an abrupt halt on hearing his words.

"Run as much as you want, but remember you will always find me right behind you." His voice was low but dominating. I can feel his blazing gaze on my back which sends chills down my spine but I didn't give out any reaction and strode away.

I can tell he is not just an ordinary boy. Now the question is who is he exactly and why is he so persistent about making me his friend.

No one dares to approach me because of my intimidating and cold demeanor. Why does he seem unfazed by it? Why?

†††

"Hey bro," Wallace exclaimed draping his arm over my shoulder.

"Don't act like we are close!" I shrugged his arm off my shoulder and turned to face him.

"Aww, ain't we?" I ignored his sarcastic remark and asked rigorously, "What business do you have with me?"

"Now, now. Don't be so cold. Can't I just come to visit you?"

"I don't think you came because of no reason," I remarked crossing my arms over my chest, looking straight into his eyes.

He chuckled. "You know me quite well brother."

"I don't think so." I retorted back. You can never tell what's going on in his mind. He is not what he shows to others.

"I heard that you fight over a seat in the class." He frowned for a moment. I followed his eyes to find him looking at Ash.

"Who dares to mess with you?" He moved his attention back to me, his signature smirk came over his lips.

"It's him," I replied curtly.

He chuckled. "Well, that's interesting. Enjoy bro." He clapped my back.

"by the way, I heard your granny is going to visit soon," he whispered near my ear.

"When?" I turned towards him.

He looked at me amused. Shoving his hands in his jeans pocket, he smirked. "Next weekend, I guess." and strolled away.

Granny. Why is she coming?

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

Hello lovely readers. How are you doing?

Here's another chapter. Hope you like it.

Who is your favorite and least likable character so far? What do you like about him and what do you dislike about him?

Please share your views in the comments section and don't forget to press the star.

Till then bye ;)

Stay safe, stay healthy and keep on reading!