CHAPTER-XXXIII

"Yikes, it's gross," I grumbled to myself walking out of the washroom

"Yikes, it's gross," I grumbled to myself walking out of the washroom. "Mmmm!" I struggled as someone abruptly put his hand on my mouth and dragged me into the corner.

I kicked his knee in defense but he didn't budge. I was about to twist his hand which was blocking my mouth when I heard his voice.

"Ouch! Ash, It's me, Ren." I removed his hand from my mouth and turned.

"Are you okay?" I asked concerned.

"I am fine, that much won't hurt me."

"Are you looking down on me?" I crossed my arms over my chest miffed.

"And you even ruined my lipstick! Now I have to apply it again." I added pouting. To my surprise, he chuckled softly. Well, it's rare to see Ren laugh like that. Most of the time he either looked irritated or bored.

I heaved a sigh. "What brings you here?" I met his gaze.

"You are asking me! Did you get infected by Sam's stupidity?" I chuckled at his sarcastic remark.

"You are laughing, I am dead serious here and wherein the hell has that blockhead run off to? I'm gonna kill that airhead!" I can't help but chuckle which infuriated him more.

"How can you laugh right now? I am gonna give you an earful after all this end." He said pulling my ear.

"Ahh, sorry mom. I won't dare to sneak out late at night again," I said teasing him.

Heaving a sigh, he released my ear. "I see, Sam has rubbed on you badly. Only you and he can joke around even if in grave danger." I grinned at him.

Sliding his glasses upward, he cleared his throat. "You have thrown up, right? Do you feel something unusual?"

"No, I am alright. Sam didn't know about it, right?"

"Please don't tell anyone about this," I added.

"But-"

"Please, I don't want them to worry. I'm fine as you can see. It's not a big deal. I am a dampyre. It won't affect me, rest assured."

"Please." I pleaded with a puppy face.

He heaved a sigh. "Okay, what are you gonna do now?"

"I have got an aid. You and Sam wait for me at the back door."

†††

"Let's go." Ren dashed to take out the car from the alley.

"Yo Ash, you are awesome!" Sam draped his arm over my shoulder and grinned.

"Thanks but where were you?" I asked frowning.

"Uhh, I got stuck with something. I am really sorry."

"No prob!" I smiled at him.