CHAPTER-XV

"Because we are vampires

"Because we are vampires."

"I know you are thinking we are bluffing but..."

I know they are vampires but they don't know that I know.

I was about to tell them but Ren took me by surprise as he took my hand in his.

"Okay. Here it is." He closed his eyes and concentrated, a frown creased his forehead and he was sweating by the time he opened his eyes. He stared at me with a questionable look.

I stared back and gasped when realization dawned on me.

"You can know about anyone you want, just by touching them," I gave my thoughts words.

We shook hands before, that's why he knows about me but I am not sure about one thing.

"There's one thing that bugs me. You said earlier you don't exactly know who I am if that's the case"- I glanced at him frowning- "what exactly is your power?" I asked curiously.

There are many different powers vampires possess. I know only about a few and I am curious about others.

"You guessed it right. I can extract any information I wish just by touching the person but..." he trailed off.

"It's bizarre. I get nothing when I touched you. It's like my powers don't work on you."

"And it's the same case with me and Linda. She used her seducing charm on you but you didn't react to her. A normal human would have fallen madly for her but you didn't," Sam said.

"And when I tried to read your thoughts. Nothing." Sam shook his shoulders.

"So that's the case."

"Say somethin'."

"Let me rephrase it. When you both tried to use your powers on me, because of some reason they didn't work. Right?"

"Yup."

Their powers didn't work on me. No one told me anything related to it. Maybe only their powers didn't work on me but then... Arghh. My head's aching.

 My head's aching