CHAPTER-XXXV

"Umm

"Umm." I slowly opened my eyes. It felt like someone has drained all the energy from me. I guess it was the effect of that drug. The experience was horrifying. It felt like my insides were on fire, my whole body was burning. I remembered coming to Anna's room after that everything was hazy.

I slowly got up and my gaze fell on Anna. Looks like she fell asleep while looking after me. She was sleeping on the chair with her head resting on her arms at the end of the bed.

A smile appeared on my lips. She slept like a baby. I slowly got out of bed. It's 5 in the morning. I carefully scooped her up and laid her on the bed and covered her with a comforter.

I took a sticky note from her nightstand and after scribbling a thank you left it under the glass.

"Thank you," I mumbled with a smile then left.

†††

The sun was dazzling, its bright rays peeked out of the clouds with a warm smile and fell gently on my face; soothing my cold skin. The soft breeze brushed my face, solacing my nerves. I felt much better now, even better than before. I felt refreshed like plants after the first rain. It was quite a different experience.

I met Anna at the entrance.

I called out to her, "Hey, Anna!" She turned instantly hearing my voice.

"Hey, Ash. How ya doing?" she asked with a bright smile.

"I am good, thanks to you." I smiled at her and pulled out a tiffin box from my bag, and forwarded it towards her.

"What's that?" she asked knitting her brows as she eyed the box curiously.

"A thank you gift."

"Really? Thanks a lot." She took it from me and opened the box from the side.

"Oh my, cupcakes!" She beamed at me gleefully.

"I don't know which flavour you like so I made different ones."

"Wow, you made them?" She looked kinda surprised.

"Yup and um, please don't tell anyone about me being sick."

"So it's the bribe for keeping my mouth shut, huh?" she narrowed her eyes at me but in a playful manner.

"No, it's the thank you gift. The bribe is here." I pulled out the chocolate box.

She chuckled softly. "Oh my goodness! I was just kidding. You are really good at this." She took the chocolate box from me and slipped them into her bag.

"My mouth is sealed." She zipped her lips with her thumb and index finger. I smiled at her gesture and walked inside.

†††

"Yo, beautiful," Ace said in a teasing tone, draping his arm on my shoulder from behind.

I simply glared at him.

"Whoa, whoa! I was just teasing you." He raised his hands in surrender.

"I know you find pleasure in it," I retorted back.

"Alright, don't be mad. I am here to take my thank you gift." He smirked smugly.

Now it's my turn to pull his leg.

"What thank you gift?" I asked frowning.

"I helped you yesterday so you must have prepared a gift for me too, right?" He asked with hopeful eyes.

He likes sneaking in on people so I wasn't surprised on hearing he heard my conversation with Anna.

"I didn't ask for your help, did I?" I replied indifferently.

"Don't be so mean! You give that chick two gifts and there is none for me." He gushed disappointed.

"Well, it's new to see you like that."

"It's new too that I helped someone and have a friend now." He grumbled making air quotes.

I snickered.

"Now you are laughing at me. I even gave you my secret weapon." He acted like a little kid who had given his favourite toy but got nothing in return.

I couldn't help but burst into laughter.

"Hey, stop laughing, will ya?" From the corner of my eye, I could see a small smile appearing on his lips.

"Alright. I won't laugh anymore." I straightened myself.

"You know you have changed."

"Because of you," he retorted.

"I mean in a good way." I smiled at him.

He heaved a sigh. "I don't know why myself. I haven't acted like this before. You know you are different."

"How?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know." He ruffled my hair.

"Hmph! I want my gift as soon as possible."

"What do you want?"

"You have to figure that out yourself." He turned. Shoving his hand in his pocket, he waved at me, "See ya!"

†††

"It's good news. We are going camping this weekend."

"For real!" Anna chirped in.

"Ya, baby girl so start packing your stuff." Sam gushed grinning.

"Someone wants to get beaten," Anna retorted.

"I agree with you on this one." Sammy punched him on the head.

"Ouch! It hurts!" Sam pouted.

"That was the main purpose and stop making that face. You look gross, idiot."

"Ash also did that but he looks cute. Why can't I?" he remarked.

"Hey, when have I made that face?!" I grumbled offended.

"When you were in -" Ren stuffed his mouth with chips.

"You need to stop."

"He is Ash and you are a muscle head," Sammy replied looking shyly at me. Anna rolled her eyes at her.

"Alright." He shrugged and chewed on the chips.

"Looking forward to the day."

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

Hello lovely readers. How are you all?

Here's another chapter. Hope you like it.

Please share your views in the comments section and press the star if you like.

Till then bye ;)

Stay safe, stay healthy!