CHAPTER-XXVIII

"Hey beautiful," a familiar voice came from behind

"Hey beautiful," a familiar voice came from behind. I turned and was surprised to see him.

"Oh my God!"

"Why don't you tell me you are coming here?"

"Then I won't be able to see that precious reaction," he said with his enchanting smile.

"Did you miss me?" 

"Nope." I shook my head in denial.

He craned his neck to the right, knitting his brows, making C with his index finger and thumb while others were curled towards the palm, "A little bit?"

"Nah! Not even a little bit." 

"Ahh, that hurts!" He made a pained face, placing his right hand over his chest.

I playfully punched his arm.

"You haven't changed a bit."

"So haven't you," he replied with a sharp shrug, giving me a lopsided grin. Not able to pretend any longer. I chuckled and hugged him.

"I missed you." Pulling back I added, " Just a little." Making the same gesture as him.

He chuckled and I joined him.

"Have a seat! Cold coffee with extra cream?!"

"You know me well." He winked smiling and took a seat on the nearest vacant table. I untied the apron and placed it on the counter but not before folding it.

"Hey, Mel. Can you bring two cold coffees for Vin and me, one with extra cream?!"

"Sure." She smiled at me and turned to prepare coffees.

"What brings you here? Another work?" I asked giving my brows a quick raise.

"Can't I come to see my friend?" He looked at me pouting, knitting his brows.

"Well, as much as I know you you can't come here only to see me," I said taking a sip of my coffee glancing at him.

"Ah, it's hurtful. You are such a meanie."

"I know, tell me something new," I remarked.

"Well, you are somewhat right. I have some work but I came to see you too."

"Yeah, yeah." I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously, you are the first person I come to after landing and you are giving me that look." He clicked his tongue showing he was disappointed.

I giggled at his antics.

"Now, now. I was just teasing you. No need to act." He smiled and we talked for a while, recalled old times, laughed and teased each other at the silly things we did.

He glanced at his watch. "Okay, I gotta go now." He stood up. I nodded and saw him off at the door.

"Take care. See you tomorrow." We both hugged and he gave me a quick peck on my cheek.