CHAPTER-XXVII

"Hey, Mel

"Hey, Mel."

" Leave it to me. I will lock up the cafe," Rachel said smiling, her boyfriend, Max, beside her.

"Thank you for taking care of my silly girl." He uttered smiling.

"You!" She poked his chest playfully, he pecked her cheek while she blushed. I smiled and walked to gather my belongings. Packing cheese sandwiches and coffee for me and my nephew, Danny, I headed to the counter.

I put the cash on the counter, "I'm off now. Have fun!" I winked at Rachael who blushed and glanced at her boyfriend.

Rachael works in the cafe with me and she's gone on a date so she asked me to take her shift.

"You too. Thank you for today and be careful on your way back." I nodded; pulling my bag over my shoulder, I headed for home.

It's quite late. I wonder how's Danny doing? He told me he would be fine. He's meeting a friend, he made at the park so he wouldn't be alone.

He must be back by now. He was so excited about it. As long as he's happy, we are happy. We are doing all this for him.

A smile appeared on my lips but was instantly replaced by a grimace.

"Why are you here?" I asked furiously through gritted teeth, turning back.

He came out of his hideout. "I came to see you and I have good news!" He exclaimed cheerfully, his eyes reflecting the moonlight.

Balling my fists, I snapped, "How many times have I told you to stay away from me?!" 

"I don't like you. Can't you get it? Are you that dumb?!" I paused to take a breath.

If mom was still alive, our life won't be like that. It's all because of that woman. She deceived our mom and killed her and now we are stuck here. We have to live like this.

"Is it because you like that red-headed vampire?" he asked arched his brow in question, bringing me back into reality.

"Answer me!" He yelled when I didn't answer.

"I ain't obliged to answer any of your questions?" I turned to stride but he yanked me by my arm and turned me towards him so that we are eye level.

"Leave me!" I tried to get out of his hold but his grip tightened and he pulled me towards him and forcefully tried to kiss me.

I pushed him back and slapped his face. "Yes, I like him!" I yelled, admitting my feelings, tears welled up in my eyes but I restrained them to flow down.

"Yes, I like him, knowing very well I can't be with him!" I screamed frustrated.

"What's in him that isn't in me?" he hissed locking his gaze with me.

"I love you and would do anything for you. I'll help you get out of your misery!"

"I'll help you get out of that hell! You just have to say yes and I'll take care of your sister, your nephew….everyone! I'll get you everything you want! Don't you get it, dammit! " he screeched; his hands clenched tightly into fists, his knuckles chalk white.

"You don't get it," I muttered in a defeated tone.

"It ain't that simple. You can't force your love on someone. Money and power buy you anything but not someone's love." I let out a sigh.

"Even if you forcefully tried to make me yours. You would get only a heartless girl with no soul and emotions because I have already given my heart to him," I said looking straight into his eyes.

I never wanted to but I fell for him. I have only loved one person and that's him.

"So I'm begging you, stay away from me. Don't waste your time on me. You won't get anything! It's good for both of us or next time I will tell her this!" I told him and strode away.

I can't do anything on my own, I have to follow orders but loving someone is my decision. I never regretted falling for him, knowing very well I can't be with him.

My heart belongs to him and him only.

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

Hello lovely readers. How are you all?

Here's another chapter. Hope you like it.

Please share your views in the comments section and press the star if you like.

Till then bye ;)

Stay safe, stay healthy!