CHAPTER-XXII

Reclining in his car, Sam heaved a sigh of relief

Reclining in his car, Sam heaved a sigh of relief. "She is scary," he said glancing at Anna.

"Not as much as your sister."

He chuckled, "You don't know for sure unless you see her in action." He smirked, cocked his brow in a challenging manner.

"Maybe." I shrugged, dismissing the topic.

"Here are your mochas. Please enjoy," Mel said with a sweet smile. She looked a second longer at Sam before leaving. Now that I notice, she is a little distinct from others. I mean there's something about her. I don't know how to explain it but she seemed quite composed to me like she is hiding something but she is a nice person I can tell from her smile.

"Thank you, Mel." He returned her smile and there's an anomalous twinkle in his eyes as he looked at her.

"Wow, it's delicious!" He exclaimed joyfully, licking his upper lip.

"Mel is such a sweet girl, isn't she?" I asked taking a sip of my mocha.

"Mmm-hmm." 

"You like her, don't you?" I gazed at him through shielded eyelashes while he almost choked on his drink.

He looked around, on finding no one is listening, he leaned forward and whispered, "What the hell, dude? How do you know that?" he asked awestruck. 

"I just do," I replied with a shrug.

"Well"- he stretched his head, a light pink tint covering his cheeks-"don't tell anyone, okay? Keep it a secret for me." 

"Why?" I asked knitting my brows in confusion.

"Well." Looking down he heaved a sigh. I waited for him to resume but he didn't say anything.

"Are you asleep? Say something." I shook him rather playfully, playing along.

He abruptly glanced up and heaved a sigh, "The thing is," he paused looking at somewhere distant.

Crossing my arms, I leaned back in my chair. "You are scared of getting rejected, ain't you?" 

He gaped at me, " You are such a genius. How do you know?"

"You yourself said I am a genius duh."

"by the way, you can read minds. Can't you tell she likes you or not?" 

"That's the problem." He sulked down in his chair.

"I don't want to read her mind."

He is even afraid to know the answer.

"Look, from what I can tell she also likes you."

"Really?!" His eyes gleamed with joy.

"How can you tell?"