CHAPTER-XVI

As the door opened, a beautiful lady wearing a white floral dress came to greet us

As the door opened, a beautiful lady wearing a white floral dress came to greet us. At that moment, she looked like no less than an angel to me.

She pulled Ren in a hug, "How are you, sweetie? You seldomly come to visit us. Don't you miss your aunt?" she asked softly in her sweet voice.

"I...uh..." Ren seemed lost for words.

She shifted her attention to me,
"Hello there, dear." She smiled sweetly at me.

"You are not looking good. Did something happen?" she asked caressing my face, worry etching her beautiful face.

I can feel her motherly love. Her aura is warm and bright like the sun shining brightly on a cold winter day. I feel like sleeping and never waking up.

"Ash." I heard someone calling my name. I looked at her but she didn't say anything.

"Can I have something to eat?" I muttered.

I can't take it anymore.

My eyes are heavy and I am barely standing right now. I don't know how long I'll be able to hold myself.

I am such a moron. I ate only a sandwich for breakfast and I missed my lunch because of all that happened.

"Oh my goodness, that tells why you are looking so out of it."

"I am going to make something for you right away." She gave me an assuring smile.

"Thank you very much and pardon me for troubling you."

"No, no! You are not troubling me at all. I am more than happy to prepare food for you." She beamed at me.

"Come inside. I will be back in a while."

"Mom, you forget your son," Sam whined in a childish voice.

She giggled, "I'll attend to you in a while, sweetie." She turned at the corner, to the kitchen I guess.

"So you have arrived," a male's cold, hoarse and dominating voice came from above.

"Yes father," Samantha said from behind me and moved forward.

"Good work." He descended the stairs. He has a mark on his left eyebrow, a thick mustache with a perfectly trimmed brown beard covering his lower face. He pulled out a cigar from his coat's pocket and pressed it between his teeth.

"So you are that half-breed." He lighted his cigar and exhaled a big cloud of white smoke out.

"You are nothing special," he spoke up towering over me with the blink of an eye. His aura is icy cold, completely opposite from his wife. He took a circle around me, his eyes never leaving mine like a predator before pounding on his prey.

"I never said I am special." I shrugged. I heard Ren gasping beside me. He let out a throaty chuckle.

"Pardon me but can you please not smoke on my face." He chuckled and stepped away from me.