CHAPTER- I

"No! Albert!" I screamed holding my hand out to reach him

"Let me go. They will kill them." I pleaded but they didn't pay any attention to me as they kept on running with lightning speed and with every passing second, we get more and more away from them. They put their bodies on flame before my eyes. I endeavored one last time before letting out my emotions. Tears mixed with blood flowed through my eyes and I let out a cry of agony before blacking out.

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

FOUR MONTHS AGO

"May I come in, Joven señor?" Alberto asked after knocking at the door.

"You may!" I answered whilst brushing my hair.

"Good morning, Joven señor." He bowed whilst I nodded. He walked to put my breakfast on the table.

"Joven señor, is there anything I can help you with?" he asked in his usual polite tone; glancing at me but his voice was missing the chirpiness. I gazed at him from the mirror before turning around.

"No, I am fine." I gave him a small smile, not looking into his eyes, and settled down to have my breakfast.

I know everyone is downhearted and it's because of me. I too am but I can't help it.

"Is everything set up for the journey?" I asked stealing a glance at him. Alberto is my personal servant or more like a caretaker. He was appointed as my servant but after my grandmother's death, he started looking after me too. He may look like in his late 50's but he is more than three centuries old.

Well, all the vampires here are more than a century old except me who is only seventeen. I sometimes feel, I am out of place but I adore them all and I am going to miss them.

"Yes, Joven señor." His voice brings me back into reality. I gave him a small nod and resumed eating my breakfast.

I marveled at how life would be if mom was still alive or if I was just a normal kid, or if I was born just a vampire.

I am a half breed, a dampyre means I neither fall in the category of human nor a vampire. There are barely any half breeds. They either die after birth or are exterminated as we pose a threat to vampires.

We are also known as The Vampire Hunters.

I am fortunate to survive but I am physically weak as compared to vampires. I even suck at using the basic vampiric powers like super speed, agility, inhuman reflexes.

I wasn't allowed to get outside the safety of the palace. I had done all my studies inside the walls of the palace and I don't have any friends.

I remembered when I was fifteen, on a bright day, I first stepped foot outside the palace to attend a party with Albert and others who looked after me. That's one of the best days of my life.