Chapter 33

Hi fam!
It's been a while.
Apologies for keeping you waiting.
This chapter might not have a cliffhanger but I promise the next will. Show some love❤.

Bukar is back!

In whispers, yells and tumults, the news spread across the firm. That has been the word on everyone’s lips, all cheerful and elated on their boss’s arrival. Bukar graciously walked into the firm, a charming smile plastered on his face. Most of the staffs were already gathered at the reception waiting to welcome him. They paid their respects and said their pleasantries, with a welcoming smile on their faces, happy and delighted to have him back. Bukar returned their gestures, equally happy to see them and to finally be back to work.  

Bukar looked around as he shook hands and waved at some, searching intently for one person. She has been on his mind and in all of his thoughts every day since he left. He missed been around her, her small and faint smiles, her voice, those beautiful eyes, her driven stance, in fact; every single thing about her, he missed all of them. Imran told him how restless they had been over his sudden disappearance and from what he was also told, he gathered that they had been trying to reach him through his phone which he had to switch off due to how chaotic everything was.

Bukar has never seen them less of a family, because this firm and the people in it, has been the best thing to ever happen to him. Now he knew, that the decision he made years ago was indeed one of the best decisions he had ever made.

“Welcome back Bukar, it’s nice to have you back.” Ilhaam said, stepping out from the crowd of staffs.

“Thank you Ilhaam, how are you doing? How’s everything around here?” Bukar asked, handing his briefcase to his secretary, motioning for her to take it to his office.

“I am doing great and, work has been going smoothly.” Ilhaam giggled. “My greetings on your father’s health, how’s he faring now?”

“He is better now alhamdulillah.”

“That is wonderful news, may Allah continue to strengthen him.”

“Aameen, thank you. By the way, where’s Habeebah? Hasn’t she come to work today?” He asked, dancing anxiously on his feet.

“I haven’t seen her since I arrived this morning though, her car is parked at the garage, that means she is in her office busy with work.” Ilhaam replied. “Let me call her to come down.” She added tapping on her phone.

“That wouldn’t be necessary, I would just pass by her office before heading to mine.” Bukar smiled.

“Okay then, have a nice day.” Ilhaam said to which he gave a nod.

Habeebah heard the yells and shouts downstairs, but she was in no mood to go and see what or who caused the chaos. The past few days haven’t been the brightest and sweetest for her. Ever since Umma brought up the re-marriage issue, she has been dispirited and weighed down by it. Umma misses no chance to bring up the issue, even though she keeps getting the same reply, the woman never backs down. It got to a point that Habeebah started avoiding her in the house so as not to be confronted with the same discussion over again.

As she usually does, she buried herself in work and has been doing so tirelessly in the last few days, so as to get things of her mind. A faint bump on her door, jerked her from between papers. Massaging her temple with her eyes closed, she asked the person in.

Bukar was actually nervous standing in front of Habeebah’s office door, his palm was beginning to get sweaty. He wanted to see her reaction on seeing him ‘Will she squeal? giggle or run and stop midway or worse, no reaction at all?’ No, he wanted her to react even if it was a little, at least for him to know she missed him. Feebly turning the door knob, he quietly emerged into the office.