Chapter 55

A wedding they do say is a ceremony; a celebration of two people coming together to become man and wife. The main reason for this carol is the warm attachment, enthusiasm and devotion for one another called Love. It is a 'for life something' , a moment that brings families from far and near together to share in the joy and happiness of the couple. The wedding of the hour #SEALEDISOURS, a pretty-perfect tie-up between Farouk and Siddiqah is sure one to remember. Of course, there is always felicity in the air at wedding ceremonies but the atmosphere at theirs was definitely one to relish in. One could sense the euphoria, the love they both shared, the contentment as well, visibly danced in tune with the music.

The smiles on everyone's form could lit up a dark alleyway, merriment exuded from every corner. The fulfillment on Umma and Humairah's person was a cute watch; that feeling of knowing that all your hard work and tireless effort to yield a productive fruit, is truly a fulfilling one. Indeed, it was Umma's wedding likewise it was Salma's (Siddiqah's mother). Aside the couple, they were also celebrants.

Birthing a child, blessing that child, praying for that child and watching the child prosper, become a better person and do better for themselves and everyone around them, there is this feeling of achievement when parents live and experience the whole journey. It is a cycle, it is the way the system has been since time immemorial. Ultimately, it passes down till the end.

"And Humairah, I might not be one getting married but, it is still my ceremony whether you like it or not. You will understand why I say so when you are about to wed off any of yours."  This cryptic statement Umma had made some days back, one she never got to process well. But, as she watched her mother where she was tending to her daughter and niece Hanan, it all made sense. It is a proud moment for every parent.

"Mummy, where is Adda Habeebah?" Affan broke her short daze. "I haven't seen her around and I really need to borrow her camera from her." He added, eyes searching the hall.

Yes Habeebah. No one knew where she ran off to, she kept her phone and camera with Humairah before excusing herself for a few minutes which has now turned into a while.

"Aunty's camera is here," Kydah reached out to vacant chair beside her, grabbing the item. "Don't mess it up." She sternly warned. The young man grabbed it from her hand before muttering a "you don't get to tell me what to do Kydah" before dashing off.

The table arrangement was made in such a way that the families of the bride and groom had two round tables each to themselves in front of the hall, one for the parents and a few important guests and the other for the children. Humairah, Hanan and Kydah were the only ones currently seated on theirs. Umma was up and about busy checking if everyone was okay, Baba and Aaliyah were seated at the Babagana's; Baba in a conversation with Hashim, Ismail and some other men while Aaliyah seemed to have found a friend in Ihsan. Abdulhameed was back and present, he just stepped out a few minutes ago to answer a phonecall.

Everyone seemed to be doing well, Suhaib, Adnan, Zakir, Affan, Fahad were cramped up around the couple with some of their friends chattering and taking pictures. Hajara, Hussainah, Nabila and Ilhaam wandered off to the dance floor, moving their bodies to the rhythm of the music alongside other guests.

Now, where in the world was Habeebah?

EARLIER ON

Everything was going on quite well. The hall was filled to the brim with guests from both families. The event just took off with everyone settling into it. The kids so full of energy, Humairah wore her million dollar smile, Hussainah and Hajara sat pretty gisting with each other, Suhaib and Abdulhameed oozed of sterones with their heads and shoulders looking ever proud and gallant of Farouk, Baba and Umma went about paying greetings to the guests, Ilhaam, Fahad and Nabila were in a world of their own and she, just relaxed in her head, an elegant beauty. A brow arched as she scold through her phone. Nobody passed by her without dropping a compliment, she didn't do too much yet, she seemed to stand out.