Chapter 22

Adnaan stood by the door staring at Habeebah as Baba and Umma tried to wake her up. He hated himself for putting her in this condition. If only he didn't come to here, then she wouldn't have passed out. It all happened in a haze, one minute she was there and the next on the floor.

"How did this happen?" Farouk asked him for the umpteenth time. His patience was running thin and Adnaan wasn't helping matters by not saying anything. He stayed mute watching as Habeebah laid lifeless on the ground.

After she passed out, he was confused and didn't know what to do. He tried waking her up but she didn't budge, he called out her name still, she wasn't answering. Seeing that the situation was out of his hold, he informed the rest about it. And now it's been a while she's out and there hasn't been any improvement.

"Any progress yet? Have you gotten through to him?" Baba asked Suhaib who has been on the phone placing a call to their doctor.

"No Baba, he isn't answering." Suhaib replied restless. "I don't think he would answer, he might be asleep." He added looking to the clock.

"For the last time Adnaan tell me what the hell happened here?" Farouk clamoured angrily.

"Farouk leave the boy alone, I am sure he is just as perplexed as you are." Baba said sighing.

"I am not perplexed Grandpa, I do know what happened." Adnaan thought. "But I am sorry I can't bring myself to tell you anything."

"Habeebah please! Look it's me Umma, open your eyes dear for my sake." Umma voiced panicking.

"Fatima calm down, she will be fine." Baba soothed rubbing her shoulder.

"Please dear, just blink at least." Umma pleaded placing Habeebah's head on her lap. "Someone get me water." She cried out making them startled.

Suhaib exited the room to go get her what she asked for.

"Zahra please calm down." Baba beseeched wiping her tears.

"I'll calm down only when my daughter opens her eyes." Umma replied without a glance at him. "Suhaib where is it?" She asked shouting.

And at the mention of his name, he rushed inside with the water in his hand.

Umma collected it from him sprinkling a little on Habeebah's face in hope that she would react to it, but still same thing.

"Hold this for me would you." Umma said handing Suhaib the glass.

She adjusted Habeebah's head on her lap, positioning her head to an angle before collecting back the water.

"What do you want to do? Farouk asked confused at to what she was doing.

"Open up dearie, just a little." She said placing the glass to her lips. "That's my girl." She added talking to Habeebah like she could hear her.

She made her sip the water gently, making sure it passed her throat. It didn't take long before Habeebah reacted to the liquid as she profusely coughed it out, gasping for air.

"It's okay dear, calm down, you are fine." Umma said patting her lightly on the back.

"Sister!" Farouk exclaimed running to crouch by her on the floor. "Are you okay? Do you feel any pain? Is anywhere hurting you?" He asked feeling her body temperature.

"What happened?" Habeebah asked, her voice dry and harsh.

"You passed out," Suhaib explained. "Do you perhaps remember what happened?"

"I...it..." She stammered confused.

"It's okay princess, don't stress much. All you need now is rest, the doctor will come check you in the morning." Baba said. "And no one should bombard her with questions, am I clear?" He asked directly to his sons.