Chapter 18

Dedicated to my sassy friend ameenertuu016 for the constant disturbance to update, Shafee_ghoul, ameeeyrah_ and to all who read this book, I heart you all❤❤❤.

"It's 7:00am already, you kids should quickly finish your breakfast or else you will be late for school." Hussainah said placing a slice of toast each on their plates. "Your Mum would be down anytime soon." She added going back to the kitchen.

Habeebah is busy getting ready in her room, she is wearing a mauve Abaya with black embroidery on the sleeves and hem matching it with a black mini veil. Satisfied with her look, she sprayed her perfume, hastily picked her bag and car key and scurried down the stairs.

"Are you kids ready?" She asked grabbing a bottled water from the fridge in the dinning room, before walking over to join them on the porch.

"Good morning Maami!" They greeted hugging her.

"Good morning! How was your night?" She asked showering kisses on their cheeks.

"It was good alhamdulillah, Maami please let go enough kisses already." Adnaan whined wriggling out of her hold.

"Let's get going or we will be late." Aaliyah voiced already making her way to the car.

As Habeebah turned to lock the door behind her, Hussainah came out of the kitchen. "Aunt? Won't you have anything before leaving?" She asked.

"We are late already, I will grab breakfast out. Tell Umma I will place a call to her when she wakes up, take care." Habeebah replied scampering to her car where she met her children arguing.

"What is the problem? Why are you shouting?" She asked sternly.

"Maami I always sit at the front but Aaliyah says she wants to today." Adnaan answered holding the door handle tightly.

"You always sit at the front, let someone else do today." Hanaan said peeking her head out of the window to which her sister nodded in agreement, she was already seated at the back seat busy watching her siblings argue.

"Enough both of you! None of you is sitting at the front," Habeebah said walking to the other side of the car. "Get seated in the back with your sister now if you really want to go to school."

They complied and joined Hanaan in the back seat who was laughing at their grumpy faces. "The back seat is really comfy." She teased earning a glare from her brother.

Habeebah starts the ignition and drives out of the compound. Throughout the ride to their school, Adnaan and Aaliyah kept quiet both still blaming each other for their Mother's earlier outburst. Hanaan on the other hand chatted freely with Habeebah ignoring her mopish siblings.

The 15 minute drive came to an end, the kids alighted from the car with their backpacks. Hanaan bid her Mum good bye and ran off to meet her classmate who was waiting for her, Aaliyah and Adnaan stood by the door with their head hung low.

"Be on your best behaviour, I don't want what happened earlier to repeat itself, am I clear?" She asked meeting their gaze.

"Yes Maami, we are sorry." They chorused as a smile tug at their lips.

"Get going and keep safe, Malam Bako will come pick you guys later." Habeebah said waving them off.

Checking the time on her wristwatch, she hits the steering wheel and immediately turns on the ignition. She is 5 minutes late, she really needs to work on her punctuality if she wants to avoid been queried.