Chapter 20

Habeebah didn't look pleased with the turnout of events, she has already planned on how to spend her day; resting and making out time to be with the kids but whoever this was, has definitely spoiled her plans.

Begrudgingly, she stood up to go do her business after Hajara had left. She took her time to do every single thing, vividly showing that she wasn't interested in seeing anyone.

Dressed in a teal atampa gown with a white flowery veil wrapped around her head, she slipped into her black flats and sashayed   down the stairs meeting Suhaib in the living room watching a movie.

"Ah! There comes my beautiful sister," He said smiling. "Good morning Madame!" He added with curtsey.

"Quit acting like a girl!" Habeebah playfully snapped at him to which he flinched. "Were you the one looking for me?" She asked moving to stand by him.

"Seriously princess," He replied mockingly. "If I wanted to see you, I definitely know where to find you. I wouldn't have to go through the stress of waiting for you to spend the whole day getting ready and I sitting here pretending to be a gentleman that I am not. I will just barge into your room, jump on your bed and disturb you till you wake up."

"Thanks for reminding me how shameless you are," She replied glaring at him. "And stop calling me princess, only Baba can call me that."

"Well I am also a prince and now you are in my territory, so do me a favour and bounce." He smirked pointing to the door.

Habeebah gave him a fierce stare shaking her head as she walked out of the living room.

"And by the way," He voiced making her halt. "You look beautiful, as always." Even though she couldn't see him as her back was turned to his view, from his voice she knew he was smiling.

"Thank you!" She grinned turning to look at him. "You are the craziest sibling ever."

"Should I take that as a compliment or otherwise?" He asked scowling.

"See it whichever way you want to." She replied with an eye roll.

"And you love me that way." He chuckled jumping on the couch.

"I have no choice but to." She rejoined smiling.

"Your visitor I heard is in Baba's study."

"Thanks." She answered and he gave a nod.

On her way to Baba's study, Habeebah kept wondering who this visitor was and why he would be in her father's study of all places. She didn't want to ask Suhaib who it was because, that would unveil another episode of his teasing. Unfortunately, when she got there the door was slightly ajar, which didn't give her much time to brace herself. Though she caught a glimpse of her father from where she stood but could only hear the voice of the other person. Taking deep breathes, she placed a knock lightly on the door waiting for a response.

"Come in!" Came her father's voice.

"Salaam Alaikum! Good day Father!" She gently pushed the door as she greeted.

"Princess dear! How are you?" Baba asked motioning for her to sit.

"I am fine Baba and you?" She asked positioning herself close to her father all the while, not looking at the other person.

"I am good too," Baba replied. "Bukar here, came to see you." He coalesced pointing to the figure.

She raised her head to meet his gaze "Morning Sir!" She said forcing a smile.

"Morning Habeebah! How have you been?" He asked suppressing a smirk but she could see it.

"I am fine thank you."