SEVENTY

WHERE'S WREN WICK?

"We don't have much time. The last 12 are in this level." Bellamy announced as the four of them jumped out of the vent. The group had ensured to stick to vents to make sure that they didn't risk being found. Lawrence felt physically sick as she walked through the halls, she was separated from her friends and family, they were at risk constantly. There hadn't been one peaceful moment on the ground.

"Including Monty." Jasper said as he extended his hand out for Maya to help her climb out of the vent. "Which way?" He questioned as he frantically looked around, he needed to find Monty, he couldn't loose his best friend.

"This way." Maya pointed down the corridor, making everyone follow her.

Bellamy's eyes flickered to Lawrence, he had made sure to give her one of the guns from the guard that he just shot. He couldn't have her defenceless in a place like this, part of him knew that she could defend herself, but the other part of him thought about her been alone and vulnerable.

"Attention. Class one quarantine protocols are now in effect. All citizens must report to level 5 immediately. Hard seal lockdown in T minus 30 minutes and counting." The man spoke over the intercoms.

Maya's eyes instantly widened as she looked around at the group. She knew she couldn't go to level 5, they all did. Lawrence closed her eyes as she tried to think of a solution to save Maya. The blonde was indebted to the girl, she couldn't let her die.

What could we do?

I could murderer everyone on level 5.

No, there's innocents there.

I could murder all of the guilty?

Hmmm, seems possible.

Oh Bellamy looks disappointed in that.

How can he hear my thoughts?

"Out loud, baby." Bellamy stepped closer to Lawrence, his hands rubbing her shoulders and making her relax into his body. Lawrence's eyes closed for a moment and she only then relaxed how exhausted she was.

She hated thought broadcasting and she knew that when she got back to The Ark that she would have access to medicine that could stop them, but after what happened at camp, she was terrified to ever take another pill again.

"We're not going to let anything happen to you, will we?" Jasper said as he attempted to reassure Maya.

Bellamy nodded and looked down to Lawrence, he pulled her away from the two, so they could have a minute in privacy after he realised that Lawrence's mumbles probably didn't ease Maya or Jasper's anxieties.

"You know what will happen to her if she doesn't go to level 5?" Lawrence whispered to Bellamy as she glanced back at Jasper and Maya. "Her whole body will get covered in blisters. She'll slowly die from the radiation." She paused. "But if she goes to level 5, she's going to get murdered. Either way, she's going to die, Bell. She's going to die and it's all our fault."

Lawrence felt her chest tighten and a sick feeling form in her stomach. She wished that Maya was guilty of something, or had murdered someone, that way this would have been a whole lot easier for her, but Maya had helped the delinquents, she betrayed her own people to save them and now she was going to pay for that with her life.

"We'll figure it out, we will save her, Law." Bellamy hushed into the girls hair as he pulled her into his chest and held her so tightly. Some how during the fifty two days that they had been on the ground he had fallen for her, and learnt to care so deeply for her. He was so sure that he wouldn't ever love someone like this, but once again Lawrence Wick had proven him wrong.