TWENTY

GOING TO HELL AND BACK

Lawrence walked along side Bellamy, she was still muttering the song 99 bottles of beer, despite being told to shut up by serval people who had joined them on the saving Octavia mission. Bellamy refused to let Lawrence out of his sight and whenever she even attempted to take over and go head, he would pull her right back by the belt loop in her pants. He knew she could look after herself. He knew that she would be safe regardless of whether he was there or not, but he couldn't cope if anything bad happened to her.

"Look! Over here!" Jones shouted as shined his light down the hill.

"Find something? Guys, come on, over here." Another boy shouted curiously, rushing to the scene.

"What is it?" Bellamy questioned as he looked down the hill, trying to figure out what it was that they were staring at.

"Right there. You see it?" Jones pointed to a piece of Octavia's shirt ripped off that was hanging on a tree branch. "Is that Octavia's?"

"Rope." Bellamy instructed placing his hand out.

"What are you doing?" Finn questioned as Roma handed Bellamy the rope.

Lawrence tried not to get jealous at the look that Roma gave Bellamy or the way that her hand lingured on his for a moment. She had hard the girl flirt with him on numerous occassions, but she wasn't sure how Bellamy felt about her.

Roma likes Bellamy.

But I like Bellamy.

Oh. I-

16 bottles of beer on the wall.

16 bottles of beer.

Take one down pass it around.

15 bottles of beer on the wall.

"We need the rope to get back up." Bellamy said as he tied the rope around his waist. "Flashlight." Bellamy lowered himself down the hill, making Lawrence tut, she needed a distaction from her own thoughts. The blonde just slowly walked down the hill, without any assistance from rope. It was steep and she almost fell five times but thankfully she managed to regain her balance each time.

It's hers.

"It's hers! We're going all the way down." Bellamy shouted. "Hold on." He wrapped his arm around the girls waist and lowered them both down, ignoring the added mumbles from Lawrence saying she didn't need a rope.

With how sleep deprived the girl was, he was half expecting her to stumble to her death. With each day that past where Lawrence didn't sleep, he worried more and more. How long could a human survive without sleep?

Bellamy knelt down by a rock and noticed the sticky red substance. Blood. He looked up to the small girl with fear in his eyes.

"Hey, don't assume the worse before it's happened." Lawrence placed her hand on his shoulder, hoping to bring the dark haired boy some comfort.

"It's blood, Law, what-"

"It could be an animals blood or" Bellamy shook his head and stood up. "Someone else was here." He announced to Finn and Jasper.

Lawrence hadn't even realised that they had followed her and Bellamy down. Jasper's hands started to visably shake when he saw the blood. Finn had started looking at the footprints that Bellamy pointed out, figuring out which way that Octavia or the grounder had gone.

"The prints are deeper going that way." Finn pointed out as he shined the light on the muddy ground. "He was carrying her."

That would slow someone down.