TWENTY SIX

THE VIALS

Octavia had heard Lawrence's shouts from above and had waited patiently for the girl to leave the grounder and come to her. Lawrence was holding her head, a split that formed on her eyebrow and althought it was only a small slice, the blood was still trickling out.

"What happened?" Octavia asked reaching up to tentively touch the blood but the girl flinched away.

Don't hurt Octavia.

"What?" Octavia stammered taking three steps backwards away from Lawrence, surely the girl did want to hurt her, right? Why would she? Octavia had never done anything to Lawrence she had always admired her, idolised her even, "What do you mean?"

Lawrence reached up to swipe the blood and before she realized what she was doing the intrusive thoughts took over and she placed her claret covered fingertips in her mouth. It reminded her of her time back on The Ark, the blood that would splatter against her lips with each swing of her fist.

"The grounders taken a liking to you." Lawrence stated assessing the panic in Octavia's eyes as she watch Lawrence for the first time and was filled with the horrid realization that she could murder her if she really wanted to."But you knew that already, thats why he healed you, it's why he's terrified right now that I'm going to kill you."

"You're not though... right?" Octavia's voice cracked and when Lawrence didn't respond she repeated, "Right?"

"Nobody is hurting anyone." Clarke announced moving her body arround Octavia's to basically stare down Lawrence who rolled her eyes in response and mumbled,

Boring.

The trio then made their way up to the top level, Clarke went first, banging on the hatch, something must've gone wrong because she had a rage like no other.

"Open the door!" Clarke shouted as she banged again. There was a small thud, that Lawrence assumed was the boys above moving something that was covering the hatch. Clarke climbed up and Miller was quick to place his hand on the ladders so she couldn't come up any further.

"Get out of my way Miller." Clarke demanded. "Now." Miller just removed his hand and let Clarke passed, Lawrence climbed up the ladders and smirked as the grounder looked at her with panic, probably wondering if she had killed Octavia or not.

Clarke held the knife up to the grounder, "What's on this?"

"What are you talking about?" Bellamy questioned, as he stood beside Clarke.

That's awfully close.

"He poisoned the blade." Clarke snapped, her eyes narrowed. "All this time, you knew Finn was gonna die no matter what we did. What is it?" Clarke shouted in his face. "Is there an antidote?"

Lawrence noticed the way that the grounder physically relaxed once he saw Octavia come up onto the top level. Part of the blonde girl wanted to push Octavia back down or shout at her for coming up. She wanted the grounder to think that Octavia was dead. Or at least injured.

"Clarke he doesn't understand you." Octavia interrupted as the grounder kept ignoring the girl.

Lawrence tutted before standing in front of the grounder. She grabbed his cheeks and forced him to look at her, "I thought we had an understanding." She shrugged, "It appears that we do not." The blonde turned to Bellamy and said, "Vials."