FIFTEEN

THE JUMP

"Lawrence, stop." Clarke demanded as her eyes landed on the girl. Lawrence didn't move but she found it funny that Clarke thought that she was going to kill one of the delinquents. "This has gone to far. Just calm down and we'll talk about this." Clarke looked back at Wren. "Let him go."

"It's Wren." Lawrence announced, pushiung the boy forward, making him stagger. Murphy took the opportunity to grab Lawrence and pull her into his grip. He pressed the blade against her neck, drawing blood slightly. The girl rolled her eyes and held her hands up in surrender.

"I'm really sorry for doing this Blondie, since you did try to save my life and all. But he cares about you more than her, so. Drop the knife." Rather reluctantly, Lawrence dropped the knife and Murphy kicked it off the edge of the cliff, making the girl groan. She had spent almost two days perfecting that knife. 

John Murphy. Idiot.

No loyalty.

"I did save your life asshole." Lawrence spat, noticing the way that Bellamy went to advance towards them. She shot him a sharp glare, but he didn't stop.

"Let her go." Bellamy said quickly, he needed her to be safe. He couldn't lose her. He needed to make it up to her, get back on her good side.

"Back off or I will slit her throat." Murphy threatened and Rather reluctantly, Lawrence just laughed.

Just kill me already.

I deserve to die.

I am a murder afterall.

Hypocrite.

Lawrence Wick is a hypocrite.

She deserves to die.

Kill me.

Kill me.

KILL ME.

"KILL ME." Lawrence shouted, causing everyone's eyes to widen in shock. She felt Murphy's hands tremble, making the knife draw blood sightly. Her eyes closed as she felt the blood trickle down her skin. She was going to be freed of all her demons soon.

"No please. Please don't hurt her." Charlotte begged, tears filling her eyes.

In peace may we leave the shore.

In love may you find the next.

Safe passage on your travels, until our final journey to the ground.

May we meet again.

"Dont hurt her? Okay, I'll make you a deal. You come with me right now, I will let her go." Murphy attempted to compromise.

"NO." Lawrence said quickly. "Kill me."

"Fucking psycho." Murphy seethed angrily.

Lawrence's eyes flickered over to Bellamy, he seemed so conflicted between saving Lawrence or Charlotte. He knew that he couldn't do both. The blonde girl nodded to the dark haired boy. If he saved Charlotte, he would be forgiven. His hands washed clean.

Bellamy Blake. Innocent.

That only made Murphy dig the blade in deeper, and for the first time, Lawrence let go of a hiss. Charlotte tried to step forward but Bellamy put his hand out in front of the girl, stopping her. He knew that if Lawrence needed to be she would be out of Murphy's grip in seconds, she was just allowing him to believe he had the advantage, right?