NINETY SEVEN

BIRTHDAY TREAT

It had been five days since Lawrence last saw Bellamy, she assumed it was because he hadn't spoken to Pike about spending more time with his new born child. She tried to brush it off as if she wasn't bothered, but it hurt her. She knew that Pike would be working him harder to create a further distance between them, which she resented him for.

Lawrence had Kyle looking after Elenyi with Miller because the blonde wanted to go back to her quarters and pack away from things to take back to medical. Abby had sectioned off a little bit of medical in order to give Lawrence and Elenyi some privacy whilst they were there, so Lawrence wanted to make it feel more like home.

The girl knew that it was Bellamy's birthday and she hoped that he would go and spend it with at least his daughter, but she had doubts that he would even show up to medical. Lawrence was beginning to hate the new Bellamy, she had tried to convince herself that it wasn't his fault, that he was been manipulated some how, but there was no proof of that, it was all speculation.

She walked down the halls of Arkadia, anxiously looking around at the guards, knowing that if one of them reported back to Pike that she wasn't being escorted that she would probably get locked up. Lawrence knew that it was a risk but having guards following her around constantly was draining for her, she barely even got a moments privacy with her child without someone watching over her shoulder constantly.

Lawrence's eyes caught onto Bellamy as he went to walk past her in the hallway. His brown hair was curled and in his eyes, which he tried his hardest to avert from Lawrence, guilt consumed him.

Happy birthday.

The blonde wanted to stop as she saw him, she wanted to actually wish him happy birthday. Both of them slowed their walking down as they past one another and once Lawrence realised he wasn't going to stop, she carried on walking towards their quarters.

Bellamy ran his hand over his face as he watched the girl walk past, he shook his head and decided to shove his pride to one side and go after her. His large hand clamped around her bicep and pulled her into the janitor's closet.

What are you doing?

The boy released Lawrence from his grip, his eyes flickering up and down her body. She looked exhausted and he knew that it was his fault. He needed to start taking better care of her. She would have been up every night with his child. He should have been there.

"I'm sorry, Law. I-"

Don't.

Bellamy wetted his bottom lip, waiting for Lawrence to let go of her deep breath as she prepared to speak to him. He watched as she fiddled with the hem of his jacket, his eyes darkening as he thought about how close they were.

"Where have you been?" Her warm breath mingled with his own as he spoke, his hand lowered to her waist, pulling her into him. Instinctively, her hands rested on his toned chest, he had been working out more, trying to work off his frustrations but it was never enough.

"Working." Bellamy responded bluntly. "I wanted to come back to you. Really I did, but Pike has had me on all these missions, I've barely even had ten minutes to sleep. I'm so sorry. How is Ellie?"

"She's okay." Lawrence nodded, as Bellamy stroked soothing patterns into her skin, he wasn't the only one not getting any sleep.

Misses her dad.

Bellamy nodded, he missed her too. He wished that he never joined Pike and that he just got to be there with Lawrence and Elenyi, but knowing that he was with Pike just to kill Novak eased him a slight. He would get to kill Novak soon and ensure their safety.