TWENTY THREE

THE GROUNDER

The storm was coming in fast, and everyone was crowding around in the dropship in hopes to get away from the harsh rain. They had never experienced weath quite this harsh. Finn was left on a table with the knife still stuck inside of him and Raven was trying to make contact with the ark.

Lawrence wasn't too sure where Bellamy was, he came into Miller's tent and pulled the boy away for a private chat and then Miller never returned to his tent. Now both of them were missing in the storm.

"Calling Ark station. The hundred are alive. Can anyone hear me?" Raven repeated for the hundredth time.

"This is a restricted channel. Who is this? Please identify yourself." A static voice came through the radio.

Contact.

We have made contact.

Lawrence didn't know whether to feel relieved for panicked that they had successfully managed to contact the Ark. She knew that Bellamy wouldn't be happy, he was worried about what Jaha would do when he eventually came down.

"This is Raven Reyes. I'm from Mecha Station. I'm transmitting from the ground. The hundred are alive. Please, you need to get Dr Abby Griffin." Raven said as everyone shuffled closer to the radio to improve their hearing. "Dr Abby Griffin. Now."

"Hang on Raven. We're trying to boost your signal." Sinclair said calmly.

"Raven? Are you there?" Abby Griffin questioned and waited patiently for a response.

"Mom?" Clarke questioned her eyes filling with tears slightly. "Mom it's me."

"Clarke?"

"Mom, I need your help. One of our people was stabbed by a grounder." Clarke explained shakily, her eyes flickered over to Finn who looked very pale.

He's going to die.

"Clarke, this is the Chancellor. Are you saying there are survivors on the ground?" Jaha questioned curiously.

Lawrence tensed at the voice, she felt her heart begin to race and she was waiting for his next words to be an order. She shook her head and began to nip her bicep, trying to distract herself from Jaha's voice.

"Yes. The Earth is survivable. We're not alone." Clarke paused, "Mom, he's dying. The knife is still in his chest."

"Can you patch me through to medical?" Abby questioned now concerned about the boy on the ground.

"Clarke, is my son with you?" Jaha questioned and Clarke's eyes once again filled with tears at the thought of Wells. Clarke looked over to Lawrence, shaking her head, silently telling the girl that she couldn't tell the Chancellor that his son was dead. The blonde gulped, swallowing her panic and spoke up.

"I'm sorry sir, Wells is dead."

"Who killed him?" Jaha demanded. "Lawrence, it is your job to kill them." Lawrence's eyes flickered to Clarke, her lips parted as she tried to think of what to say back to him. "I'm giving you an order, Lawrence. Do you copy?"

"Copy, Sir. I'll get it done." Lawrence announced strongly.

Clarke looked over to Lawrence. Charlotte was already dead, they all knew that. The girl shook her head, pleading that Clarke wouldn't tell the Chancellor that Charlotte was dead. Lawrence slowly backed away out of Clarke's view and it was as if in that moment, Clarke realised how corrupt the council was.

"I'm gonna talk you through it step by step." Abby said calmly. "Clarke, just five to get to medical. Medic-" The radio began to cut out making it even harder for Clarke to hear.