Chapter - 52:

It's been a week since Damon got arrested. Since our final exams started 2 days after and are going on every single day, we didn't exactly get a chance to talk. The rest of my friends are really curious. Jason has been hanging out with the quarterbacks. Since he's 17 and underage, he didn't get arrested for breaking into Sterling's house and being an accomplice with a felon. He's on probation though.

Anyway, today we all are meeting at my house since my aunt is working late. I could answer my friends' questions which I'm sure are a lot.

"So, if you want a snack, just feel free to help yourself," I say.

"Oh, just answer the questions," everyone except Justin and Jesse says. "Don't mind if I do" before shrugging and then rummaging through my fridge.

"So, how in the world do you have three names?" Zander asked curiously.

Exchanging a glance with Sterling, I sighed as I might as well get over with.

"If you're not comfortable, you don't have to answer, " he said and everyone nodded with reluctance.

"No, after all the things you guys have been through... you deserve to know," I say before telling them about Jay, my late best friend, the Coma, and everything along with my hometown trip.

They are all stunned with silence. I look at everyone's faces even Jesse and Justin have their half-filled mouth hanging on the floor, gross.

"You know what, just tell me when you're done, I can wait" I wave them off before picking a magazine from the table. "Wait, Jesse and Justin, please close your mouths, if I see your drool all over my Persian rug then I'll cut your youngest off " I smile sweetly at them they quickly close their mouths shut and sit back on the couch, distancing themselves from me and the rug. Smiling, I go back to my magazines.

A half an hour later I'm done with all five magazines which were kept on the table. I was just about to get up because my legs were tired of sitting in the same position when Olivia opened her mouth but I shut her up, by signaling my hand to stop. Confused she sat back down quietly. I knew what was coming, all the consoling and soothing, pity maybe and I hated every part of it, I was too tired to hear it over the years.

"I know you guys have a lot to say but please ask the questions you were here to ask," I say.

"Alright then how'd you make the Ruby," Jesse asked.

Oh, I didn't Guy did, remember when I told you I'll catch up with you guys at the airport that's what I was doing" I explain.

"Who in the god sake world is Guy??" Sterling stirs up.

"Oh, he's this weird guy who follows Catherine around, I think because he has no job even in his mid-twenties" Justin beats me to it.

"Oh, that's so depressing ....... Why, I mean, why would a parent name his kid Guy?!" Katelyn shakes her head.

We chuckle.

"No, he said the meaning of his name was-"

"Any more questions?" I shut Jesse up with a glare.

"Yeah, actually I do. How did you know Jason was not lying about Ruby? I mean I know I wouldn't be so sure after just hearing one conversation." Katelyn asks.

"Oh, I wasn't. At first, my suspect was Justin" I say.

"Hey!" Justin whines and Jesse makes fun of him.

Ignoring the two toddlers I continue "Jason wanted me to suspect Justin, and I did. It was only then I realized it was Jason when he was limping and he said he stayed at Justin's house, but when I asked Justin about the stay he confirmed that Jason had a family emergency in the middle of the night and we know how well Jason gets along with his family.

The next clue for me was the phone call. As you said I still wasn't sure while I had you watching Jason's every step. I took Justin to the home town with me. During the whole journey, he didn't do anything suspicious.

Now to answer your question about Ruby as I told you that my neighbor was Murdered, when I went into the house the whole house was in order except the word game which Dorothy never plays was kept on the table. I looked closely at the word ruby was anagrammed on it. That's how I was sure.

Alright if we're done with the questions can we eat something? I'm really hungry." I say opening the fridge which I find empty.

Yeah me too. I'm starving" Jesse says.

"You literally emptied my whole fridge!" I exclaim.

"Hey, now that's not true! We left the Brussels sprout" Justin denies strongly.

"Exactly, like I said you literally emptied my whole fridge!" I roll my eyes.

Picking up my jacket I walk out of the room, when I still sense no one following I yell "my treat"

Just within seconds, they all are out the door.