Chapter-41 :

I sent Justin and Jesse back to the hotel, then I used my third burner phone to text a coded message to Sterling telling him that we're alright and we are on schedule before breaking the phone into 2 pieces and throwing it in the trash.

I'm cussing out Guy as I walk through the shady neighborhood, there are half-burnt houses, some are broken or destroyed completely nothing except their remnants are left. It's completely dark by now, there is no street light, only the moonlight is helping me see through this dark place "ugh why does he have to choose the creepiest neighborhoods. Thought I was going to get used to it by now but there is no way I'm ever going to find this guy normal" I sigh out as I climb through the half-burnt staircase in one of the broken houses.

"There was no other place in this town where you could've met up, was there?" I scowl sarcastically.

"We can be tailed for all I know; besides you should be accustomed by, now shouldn't you?" he raises his brow

"That was what I'm thinking, I just can't 'accustomed' to your weirdness" I sass

"You want the files or not?" he glares, I smile apologetically at him.

Rolling his eyes, he throws the files towards me. I catch them and am about to leave when I remember something

"Ah. I need you to confirm something for me" I hand the note to him.

I watch him turn and leave; within seconds he's disappeared into the night.

"An iced americano please" I place my order before going to my old spot on the second floor, sitting on one of the booths that are facing the window. I look through the files Guy gave me; I knew Damon was a fugitive because after I woke up from Coma, Leo told me that he was caught. But his life was a mess, I see the year where it all started was the same as Jay's stepfather but Damon's real father left them.

"Florence?!" my thoughts were interrupted as I hear a familiar voice call out my name.

"Dorthey? What are you doing here?" I greet the lady who is now in her mid-70s.

"Never thought I would ever see you again. I missed the little Florence breaking into my house for cookies." She said with a smile on her face.

I chuckled.

"Would you mind another cup of coffee?" She asks

"I would love to; I assume we have a lot to catch up on," I reply with a smile.

As we walked into the familiar house, I found myself leading to the jar of cookies which was still in the same place as before. I looked down at the small red stool on which I used to climb to reach the jar, while Jay used to look around just in case Dorthey came in.

"Go ahead" I jumped on hearing a sudden voice.

Chuckling, I took two out, handing one to Dorthey and the second for myself.

We chatted for quite a while, I noticed that she was sweating, looking all over the place.

"Are you alright? I mean is everything okay? You are sweating a lot" I asked.

She snapped out of her trance and shook her head vigorously "Yeah, I'm fine. It's just really hot."

I knew something was up.

But before I could ask more, she handed me the jar of cookies "It's getting late, it could be dangerous for a girl to wander around in dark. Eat the cookies well, don't share. I made them especially for you." with that, she was gone.

Confused, I headed for the hotel.