Chapter 01: New Girl, New Friend

Today is the day. I'm starting my new high school in New York – Havlon High. I'm so pumped. Not.
My new identity in this new town is Catherine Woods.
I have waist-length brown wavy hair and electric blue eyes. This is the third time I'm changing towns in a year. I hope this time things for me work out. Anyway, I'm already late for my first day by 11 minutes. So, you all probably know that I'm not a morning person by now. I quickly threw my combat boots on and sprint downstairs - in the kitchen and grab an apple, and make my way towards my beautiful, beautiful bike. Yeah, I am a girl who rides a bike. Sue me.
I swiftly hop off my bike as I reach the school parking lot.
I make my way towards the main office, ignoring the looks of the girls and boys.
I mean, whenever a new student joins the school, everyone looks at him/her like they've never seen a human.
Once I've taken my timetable, I make my way towards my locker, searching......... 121...,122...,123... Aha! There it is.
I quickly kept the books I needed and placed the rest in the locker and made my way to my first class, which is, by the way, maths. Doesn’t the universe love me?
As I entered the class, all the pairs of eyes were on me.
“Ugh, another tardy student in my class” the teacher mutters. Just before I am about to reply, he rudely interrupts me “Oh, you’re the new student, aren’t you?” he asks
“You’re definitely forgiven considering it is your first day” he reassures somewhat sarcastically before booming - “To hell with that, knowing it is your first day you should come early! Detention after school.”
I was shocked by his behavior. But before I could refrain from myself
“Are you bipolar?” I blurted out; the class laughed while I bit my tongue as I realized what I just said.
“Keep that attitude of yours, and you’ll be spending the rest of the year in detention, now go and sit somewhere” the teacher spat whilst glaring at me
Nodding, I did as told.
“Wow, I can’t believe you actually said that, but then again, that guy deserves it more than anyone in the world” the guy who I sat next to said to me.
I looked over at him. He had light brownish hair, dark brown orbs, and cute dimples on either side of his cheek as he smiled. I held back myself to poke them.
“Yeah, I didn’t mean to, but it just came out”
Again, we were interrupted by the old, bald man barking at the class
“WHO IS TALKING?”
Everyone went silent. Throughout the class, I didn’t understand a single word that came out of that man, except for the fact he was teaching Algebra. I mean, I don't get it. Why does y have to find his x? Can't he just move on? Yeah! I definitely didn't come up with that on my own. Moving on... Just then, the bell rang, and I did a happy dance.Students around me were giving me weird looks. "What?" I asked. But they just shook their heads. I shrug and skip to my English class. I was about to enter the class when I came to a halt as I heard my name. Turning around, I saw the dimple-dude. Yeah, since I didn’t know his name, I called him that, was walking towards me with a smile. I smiled back “Hey, are you stalking me? How do you know my name?” I asked anxiously.
“Woah, chill. I just saw you entering the class, and since I wanted to ask you something, I followed you here. Also, I saw your name on your folder. I’m not some creepy stalker if that’s what you’re thinking.” He reassured me. I signed in relief before turning towards him.
“Uh…" Sorry, I don’t know your name, and what is it that you wanted to ask me? "” I asked
“Oh right. Sorry. My name is Justin. And I was wondering if you wanted to sit with us during lunch?...... maybe?” he asked nervously while fiddling with his fingers.
“Yeah, sure. I’d love to. Uh... if you don’t mind me asking who’s us?” I asked curiously
Just then, a middle-aged woman entered the class. And that was my  “Oh, they are just a bunch of friends. No biggie.” He replied. cue to leave, we bayed our goodbyes, and I entered the class.

—————————————————————————————————————————————

Hello, my lovely readers! My novel In this together is also available on google Books, Amazon, and booksclubin.
Hope you guys enjoy it!!!!