Chapter 05: Psychic life unfolds

“I love being a psychic” I mutter before chuckling to myself as I stand in my room looking at my bed, which is now empty and made up. But what catches my eye is a note that was neatly folded and placed on top of my bedside table. 

I carefully pick up the note, unfolding it before reading

Don’t you dare open that mouth of yours about what you witnessed yesterday… "What I accept from you is to shut up and not ask me questions about anything related to that incident as such. Also, if you expect me to thank you, you’re clearly delusional because I didn’t ask for your help. -S

I crumple the note in my fist. What a jerk. I didn’t expect much from him either knowing the jerk he is. I’m surprised he didn’t threaten me at gunpoint or something. He is so self-absorbed, cocky, and arrogant. It seems to irritate me to death. I finally get ready for school, not wanting to waste my precious time thinking about a jerk.

I park my bike in the parking lot as I swiftly hop off. I jump in shock as I see all my friends staring at me in awe, and may I add which is right in front of my face “Jesus, couldn’t wait for me to walk in school.” I tease them as they shush me “Hush we didn’t know you had Harley freaking Davidson. And that too it is the latest model, beats Sterling’s” Justin says in complete awe as he tries to touch it, but I slap his hand away. “Don’t you dare touch my baby, or else I’ll chop your hand off and shove it down your throat, friend or not,” I growl, being cautious of my possession.

He gulps. “You are just like Sterling when it comes to Harley Davidson” he pouts. I glare at him. “I’m noting like that Selfcentered prick” and Justin raises his hands in surrender.

Our classes were quick to go by. It was now lunch we were all sitting in the cafeteria. Zander and Sterling were having an intense conversation about something I could catch “It happened again” as they quietly talked in whispers. Before I turned and started talking to Jesse, who seemed a bit down as compared to the other days, I’ve seen his cheery self. “Hey, what’s wrong?” I asked concerned. He looked up cautiously, making sure nobody was paying attention to us. Fortunately for him, everybody except for Olivia was talking among themselves. Jesse and Olivia seemed to have a silent conversation between them before she nodded at him. He nervously turned towards me and asked “Can I talk to you privately after lunch?” seeming confused at his behavior, I still nodded before returning to my lunch.

As the bell rang, Jesse and I walked to our next class, which was the chem lab. He seemed to grow more nervous as he twiddled with his fingers furiously. 

“Okay, so what’s wrong, and don’t tell me you’re fine because I’m not gonna believe that bull,” I say. He sighs a “fine” before turning towards me and saying

 “I’m gay.” I looked at him unamused. 

“I know” On hearing my response, his eyes widened

 “What? When? How?” he splutters. “Chill, I’ve known since the day I met you. What’s the problem, though?”I ask.  

He heaves a sad sigh before continuing “My parents keep trying to set me up with a girl, they don’t know that I’m gay and I can’t bring myself out to confess because they are super strict and religious” I smile as an idea pops into my head “You could stay at my house for the night or two, I’m sure my aunt won’t mind.” I offer. Hearing my offer, here beams and jumps, embracing me into a bone-crushing hug “Thank you, thank you, thank you you’re the best C” I laugh at the nickname he just gave me. We focus back on our class as the teacher enters the room.