Chapter - 45:

Katelyn and Jason updated us on everything that happened while we were away.

Sterling and Zander will arrive tomorrow evening.

"So, how was visiting your grandma?" Jason asks.

Justin and Jesse look confusedly at him, I stomp them to remind them before I answer the

"Oh, it was great, missed her so much."

I catch Katelyn's eye in the rear-view mirror.

As soon I open the door, I duck as a flying knife land on the wall inches beside me.

I take out my pocket knife and tiptoe towards the site.

Just when I, near the kitchen, I'm held in a headlock. I rotate my body, using my shoulder. I place my arm in front of the attacker's body, placing my leg behind both of the person's legs, then I fall backward and trip the person over my leg.

"Damn, I taught you well" Leo groans I released him.

"What the hell, it was you, " I screech at him.

"Stop screaming at him, young lady" my aunt drags me away by my ear. "What a warm welcome" my voice dripping from sarcasm.

I'm grounded. My phone is taken away, nor TV neither Netflix. I'm like a person from medieval times.

Leo didn't ask me much; he knew where exactly I was. I did tell him about Dorothy. But it seems he already knew. My aunt didn't know her so, there was no point bothering.

I can't sleep. All the memories of Dorothy keep on flooding my mind which makes me want to cry.

I stand up from my bed, having enough. I open my sling bag and take out the burner phone and call Olivia

"Hey, " I greet.

"Hey, I heard you got back, how was it? Did you find much?" she asks.

"Yeah, I did find more than I expected. It seems Jay knew something and he wanted me to know. But not Damon"

"Oh, I did some digging too, as you asked me to. Seems like Dean was once Damon's drug dealer in the past, but I think Dean got caught and Damon got him out of it, so long story short, he owes him. I feel like he knows something but he's too scared to open his mouth because of Damon and his men" she explains.

"Okay, thanks I think that would be helpful, try to get it out of him" I accidentally knock off the cookie jar with my hand and it breaks.

"Shit, " I mutter.

"Hey, are you alright?" Olivia asks from the other side.

"Yeah, I'm fine I'll call you back," I say distractedly before cutting the call.

I crouch down and carefully start to pick up the glass pieces. I halt as I notice a paper sticking out of one of the broken cookies.

"Catherine! Be careful with that" just then my aunt enters my room.

"Stop, don't come in. it's fine ill handle it," I say to her, assuring that it's alright.

"Alright, but please be careful with that" with that she leaves, closing the door behind her.

I take the chit out of the cookie.

'They know what I did' the message is too shocking though I can't understand what she's trying to say. I crouch down and break all the cookies.

"Ouch, " I hiss every time a glass piece cut my skin, but I keep going on.

It's all worth it in the end.