Chapter - 49:

Damon and his men were slowly surrounding the museum, nearing where Graff Ruby was kept.

We continue to watch him as he took the ruby from the glass very smoothly, without anyone noticing. His men had already hacked into the security system of the museum. That's why the alarm didn't go off when he opened the glass case the ruby was in.

"Why are we still standing here? Waiting for him to steal the ruby and get away with it?" Jason joked.

"Yeah, pretty much" I answered, which surprised everyone.

"What? You can't be serious!" Jason exclaimed panickily.

"Oh, but I am" I shrugged.

"What are you talking about? I thought you said you'll take care of Damon steals the ruby?" he asked again, unable to get ahold of the situation.

"Alright, alright. Honestly? When you told us all about the Damon stealing thing, I didn't believe you. I thought of calling the cops, you know just in case but then I realized that the information you gave us may not be true. Then I may get into trouble for the false report" I explained.

"Well, what now? He's actually stealing it. Did you give that a thought?" Jason asked.

"Yes, of course. We do nothing" I say.

"What? That's your solution?" He asks incredulously.

"Well, yeah it seems so" I answer shortly too tired of explaining everything to him, but after seeing the blank look on everyone's faces "Look, there's no chance we could fight him, he's armed and I even bet he brought his army of men with him" I sigh out

"So, what did you bring us here for? Explore the museum" Justin remarks.

"No, although you wouldn't do that even if I wanted you to. We'll follow him. I'm sure he's going to the place where he held the hostage" I say.

"How are you so sure about that?" Justin ask.s

"Oh, if I were him after stealing a fortune worth Ruby, I'll be even more greedy of money of course, so I'll use hostage as the bait.

Jesse, I'm driving. Sterling and Zander try to blend in. Be subtle. It shouldn't look like he's being followed" I instruct.

"I'm not sure if this is a good idea..." Jason nervously trails off, now sweating.

After driving for at least thirty minutes the car stops in front of a burnt warehouse.

"Hey, isn't this the warehouse which caught on fire because of leakage of one of the gas cylinders," Justin says.

"What? How?" Katelyn asks.

"Oh, one of the workers was smoking, and like I said there was one gas cylinder leaking. As soon he lit the lighter up... BAM!" he explained.

"Uh... guys kinda in the middle of something," I say.

We spread around the warehouse. Spotting Sterling on the second floor, I nod at him before tiptoeing behind one of the guards and snapping his neck, letting him fall on the ground, I move on to the next one.

Once there are no guards visible, I look around to find the rest of my friends beating up one of the last guards. Everyone except Jason

"Where's Jason?" I ask.

"He went through the back door" Jesse answers, going through his Instagram casually.

I give a pointed look to Katelyn and she follows Jason through the back door. Looking back, I notice Jesse still going through his phone. Not even trying to act as if standing in front of a place where the most wanted fugitive is in there.

"Jesse!" I look at him blankly. But like an idiot he is, he keeps on staring back until Olivia nudges him.

"Alright, fine!" he sighs out, pocketing his phone.

"So, what's the plan?" Justin asks.

"The plan is to walk straight through the front door" I instruct, they nod until realization dawns on them.

"What? No, that's too dangerous. I don't want to die just yet I have a math test to fail" he objects but it all goes in vain because I'm already walking through the door.........