Chapter - 42:

Something was up and I had a really bad feeling about it.

Why? Do you ask?

First, because it's -4 degrees Celsius for god's sake.

Second, I know as well that she always has asked me to share and she knows that I never share especially her cookies with anyone.

Third, she also knows that I box well. She always called me the night fighter, because I used to sneak out of the house at night for my underground fighting match.

Feeling too uneasy about the situation, I turned to see if Dorothy was alright but suddenly halted as I spotted a figure stopped too and quickly averted it's attention elsewhere.

Sensing something suspicious I continued to walk towards the hotel.

After 15 minutes I lead towards an empty alley. Falling for the bait I set up, he followed me, just like I thought he would.

Just as he entered the dark alley, I jumped on his back, putting him in a headlock.

"Who are you? Who are you working for?" I seethed at him as he choked.

When his face turned purple, he patted my arm signaling me to leave him. Releasing him from my choking hold, he took a deep breath, panting.

But just as he opened his mouth to speak, suddenly a dart came out of nowhere and he was knocked out cold.

"Hey, " I shook him, but it was of no use. I noticed a dart on his neck, it had a strange design on it. His face was turning purple, a white-ceramic-colored liquid oozed out of his mouth.

He was poisoned.

I looked around to see a man dressed in black with a bowler hat, a bag slung on his back, and a dart in his hand, same as the one on the dead man beside me. He disappeared from the roof.

I looked at the man lying on the floor, as I called the ambulance with my phone, I curled his sleeve to check his pulse when I saw the same pattern tattooed there as the dart he was killed with.

Taking a picture of the tattoo, and replacing the dart which he was hit with one of the normal darts.

By the time I got to the suite, the boys were already asleep.

I went straight to my room, rewinding everything that happened, I finally took the cookie jar out.

My head was already throbbing after today's events. I couldn't take it anymore. I turned the lights off and went to sleep.