Chapter 25: Room in Flames

STERLING'S POV:

I looked at her. Like, really looked at her. She is really strong to face all that. I looked down at our tangled hands and blushed. Wait! Blush?

I must've hit my head somewhere. I never ever blush. I mean

NEVER EVER.

I clear my throat and say "Well after you didn't turn up. I got worr" I covered my mistake with a cough and divert my eyes "Uh... I mean suspicious. So, I went to your home, your aunt opened the door and said you were visiting your relatives. Yeah, she thinks I'll believe that bull." I scoffed.

She looked at me with a smile and my heart soared.

What?

Get it together Sterling. Shaking my thoughts away, I continued.

"Anyway, I saw your aunt leave somewhere in her car. It confirmed that something wasn't right so I climbed to your room and I had a feeling that the window might be unlocked, and it was." It was a lie, I knew she always kept her window unlocked, but I didn't want her to think I was a creep and freak her out so I half lied.

"I was rummaging through your room to find some clues, that's when I found your Journal under the wardrobe.

Then I heard Leo's car pulling over outside the house, I was confused.

Once I got home, I called Zander and the rest of them. The next day we tried to track your phone since switched off, it didn't get tracked.

Then we remembered you took your car and I tracked your car by hacking into your GPS. Then we took Janson's jeep and followed the tracked destination.

We changed our car and stuff. Also made sure no one was following us. But when I was getting us some coffee from a small café, I noticed Dean and the same guy I saw in your Journal.

I saw Dean throw his phone in the bin. Once he left, I took the phone, that idiot forgot to take out the memory card. I found some random calls and pictures. Then we found you, you know the rest." I took the phone out of my pocket and gave her.

"Look, I know you think that where you're staying is safe but I think it's not, earlier when I was there in your room, I could feel someone keeping an eye. So, I suggest you get the hell out of there as soon as possible." I noticed she was looking at Dean's phone, in deep thought.

Her Nutella jar, long finish. I Gotta admit the girl can eat.

I look at her, she looked back at me. Unconsciously I start to lean on-

Just then her phone rang, I saw the caller id, Leo.

As soon as she answered it, she gasped in horror.

And cut the call after exchanging a few words. Before turning towards me and explaining –

"That was Leo and the room I was staying in was burned down a

minute ago."