Chapter 18: Mysterious Reunion

"WOODS!!" a voice brought me to a halt.

I turned around to see everyone looking at me even my friends: Olivia, Katelyn, Zander, Jesse, Justin, Jason were smirking at me while Sterling had his jaw and fists clenched and was looking at me with an unreadable expression.

I turned my attention back to Dean. I don't know why, but he's very familiar; he is in our art class with me and Sterling.

Speaking of Sterling, he is not really talking to me ever since he told me about his past & I don't know why.

Plus, he acts really weird around Dean like he'll glare at us when we'll talk. "Yell louder, I don't think the whole America didn't hear you yet," I comment sarcastically as he approaches me smiling sheepishly.

"Dramatic as ever, huh? And good morning to you too, " he rolls his eyes.

We enter our art class. Lately, he has been sitting with me and Sterling enters the class after the warning bell and made his way towards the back of the class.

"Hey! You wanna go to 'DAISY'S CAFE' after school and complete our homework together?" Dean offers.

"Sure" I reply since I don't have anything to do.

The day passes too fast. Right now we all are sitting in the cafeteria and talking except Sterling who is typing away on his phone, not paying any mind to us.

"Hey, Catherine you want to grab Starbucks after school," Justin asks me.

"Sorry I can't, I've already planned with Dean," I say and Dean, who is sitting beside me smiles at me and I smile back trying to be polite. Hearing this, Sterling freezes and glares at Dean who smirks in return and shoves his lunch away, and marched out of the cafeteria. I look at his way in confusion. With a frown directed towards my friends who are again smirking, I shrug my shoulders and turn my attention to my food.

After the weird lunch and obviously a weird day, I text Dean to wait for me at the school gate while I go to my locker where Sterling is leaning.

He looks me, I ignore him and pushed him away from my locker. He stumbles back.

I grinned.

Perks of being a fighter.

"Stay away from Dean" he orders in a hard voice.

"Hey! look, he talks" I tease him.

"I'm serious, " he says again seriously.

"Well, so am I, you can't just ignore me and order me." Who the hell he think he is, ordering me like that.

Dean and I enter 'DAISY'S CAFE'. We start to do our homework, once we are done "You look familiar, you know. Do I know you from somewhere?" I ask him. He stiffens in reply, forcing a smile he shakes his head while excusing himself to the restroom. I start packing my bag when I heard Dean's phone ring, who apparently left it on the table.

I pick up his phone from the tabletop, I look at the caller.

I freeze.

My blood runs cold.

I pick up and listen.

He says "I'm on my way keep her distracted till I reach there" and he cuts the call.

I see Dean coming out of the restroom. I quickly place the phone on the tabletop.

When he approaches "Hey, can you buy me more fries?" I ask

"Sure, " he says. soon he walked to the counter, I quickly grab my phone, sling my bag on my shoulder I hop on my bike, and start to drive off from the parking lot. I duck to hide my face when I see his truck enter the parking lot. I speed off, scared I might get caught.

I ring the bell impatiently, standing in front of the door . The door opens

"Catherine?"