Chapter 02: High School Lunch Drama

I was sitting and doodling in my notebook, patiently waiting for the class to get started, when a girl settled beside me. She introduced herself to me. “Hi! I’m Olivia Jones, you’re probably wondering why you care? But I’m very cheery as you can see but I just can’t help it. Oh, silly me, I forgot to ask your name, what’s your name? Are you new? Pssh.. what am I asking the whole school knows the girl who managed to talk back to Mr. Beckham. But he obviously deserves it. I should probably stop talking” she finished mumbling the last part. I’m about to introduce myself before the English teacher interrupts me: 
“Yes, Ms. Jones you should definitely do that considering the fact you are sharing your bright views about one of my colleagues but since you are so fondly talking about him you should be a little discreet about it, don’t you think? And don’t worry, my lips are sealed” she added with a wink.
Okay, I like this teacher. 
We went back to studying “The Scarlet Letter” while Olive sank further into her seat, mumbling how embarrassing that was. In between the lessons, we managed to talk through small chits, and I introduced myself.
After the class ended, we met out of the classroom. “Hey, Liv, I was wondering if you wanted to sit with me for lunch if you don’t mind, of course?” I quickly added.
“Yeah sure. Do you mind if I ask two of my friends Jesse and Katelyn as well? You're gonna love them,” she said.
“Actually, Justin asked me to sit with him, so I wasn’t sure because it would be really awkward so I’m asking you but sure you can bring them along I will ask him,” I assured her.
She suddenly screeched loudly.
Startled by her response, I worriedly yet confused asked her
“What’s wrong? Oh, you don’t want to sit that’s-”  
I was interrupted by her yet again.
What is with people interrupting me today?
“JUSTIN? AS IN THE JUSTIN CAMPBELL? THE CUTIE? HE ASKED YOU TO SIT WITH HIM?” she exclaims loudly.
I shush her as people glare our way.
“Yes! But why are you screaming? It’s fine, I get it, you don’t want to-” I was cut off by her again.
“Don’t you dare finish that sentence... Of course, I’d love to sit with you during lunch. I was just in a minor shock that one of the popular’s invited you to sit with them.” She explained.
While I looked her wide-eyed before commenting “Little bit? Sure.”
She laughed. We went to our lockers. As it was already lunch, Liv and I stood in the lunch line. As we waited for Jesse and  Katelyn to arrive. 
Moments later, a cherry boy came up to Olivia and placed a chaste kiss on her cheek.
“Talking about me, girls? He asked cheekily
“eww... Donavon, I told you to stop that didn’t I and you wish” Liv said as she furiously wiped her cheek.
“Since when do I listen to you?” the boy said sassily as he picked on his nails. I closely looked at him - he had dark brown curly hair, grey eyes, and slightly pale skin; he was a little taller than me. The way he kept himself around confirmed that he was gay.
“Oh. You know some new girl dared to talk back to the old hag. I missed it, I wanted to see his face. Aww,” he pouted and continued whining oblivious of my presence.  
“Hi you’re Jesse, right? I’m Catherine Woods. The show you’re talking about was put up by me, although I didn’t mean it. Wow, word travels faster ‘round here.” I said.
Jesse’s eyes widened for a fraction of a second before he composed himself
“Hi! I’m sorry I didn’t see you there, but what you ‘obliviously’ did was absolutely right, that old hag definitely deserved it” he said.
Just then, a petite, blond girl came into our vision “Sorry, I had to ask my calculus teacher about my recommendation letter.” She huffs before noticing me. We exchanged our introduction. I noticed that she was very shy as compared to her friends. 
We were talking about something when I was pushed into Liv. I mumbled a sorry to her before turning to look at the culprit. 
He was tall around 6’5 or something. He had some tattoos on his neck and arms. He had a very sharp jaw, he had hazelnut brown hair and olive-green orbs, which were currently glaring at me.  “Excuse me, what do you think you’re doing, mister?” I asked sassily.
Yet he was unfazed by my attitude “What does it look like I’m doing? Getting food. Duh.”
“No, you are breaking the line and getting the food. Go back and wait for your turn since you clearly didn’t notice it was my turn.” I glare at him. Ignoring the gasps.
The nerve of the guy. How dare he? Who does he think he is?
“Do you even know who you’re talking to?” he asks arrogantly.
“A jerk,” I say, picking on my nails, which cause him to scowl at me.
Just then, Justin mutters something in his ear. He glares at Justin before storming his way out of the cafeteria.
“Do you realize what you’ve just done?” Katelyn  asked me nervously
“Yeah, messed with one of the poplars. Duh.” I casually reply.
“You knew then why did you?” she exclaims. 
“Even if he is popular, that doesn’t change the fact that he is still a jerk” I justify.
After getting our lunch, we sit with Justin at his table. He introduces us. I can’t he but I notice as his eyes linger on Katelyn a little longer. I smirk.
Zander Smith has almost black hair and dark brown eyes and is about 6’3. 
Jason Clark has a tinge of British in his accent he is about 5’8 "and has light brown and black beady eyes.
We gross ourselves into a conversation that is interrupted by someone 

“What is she doing here?”

-------------------------------------------

Hello, my lovely readers! My novel In this together is now available on google Books, booksclubin, and Amazon.
Hope you guys enjoy it !!!!