Chapter 03: Trouble looms, Bonds strengthen

looked up to see the green-eyed boy glaring my way. But before I could acknowledge him, Justin spoke "It's good to see you to Sterling" Justin teased him as he had a mischief glint in his eyes.
"Don't test me Justin" the green-eyed boy growled.
Zander, being the wisest of all said "She's one of us now, chillax bro. She is actually kinda cool." Zander passed a wink my way to which I smiled.
A grumbling Sterling sat in front of me whilst scowling at me. Feeling bold I spoke "if you are gonna glare or scowl my way all lunch you might wanna stop, because what I did was clearly right and I'm not going to leave this table just because I messed with 'Mr. Popular'. I was right, and you know that very well too. Someone had to put you in your place." I spoke confidently. By the end of my speech, all my friends were smirking, and Sterling was scowling. Before he slammed his hand on the table, a tower in front of me -
"You are new in this school, you better know where you belong before I show your place to you. Just because you are new here doesn't mean you'll go around ruling me, 'princess'" he spat.
"Well, I didn't even mention anything about ruling you, but if you think so, then so be it. Also, these are my friends, too, as much as they are yours, doesn't include the fact I'm new here. So, I know where I belong but on the other hand, I'm concerned about your personality." I mock.
By now, Sterling was spitting fire. I could practically see smoke coming out of his ears.
"You better stay away from me, princess, " he spat before storming out of the cafeteria.
Just as he left, everyone busted out laughing. 
"You are something" Justin stated before continuing "I've never seen him so riled up."
Zander added, "Yeah, no one ever stood up to him and said such things ever."
Unamused, I stated while eating my fries "Clearly" everyone laughed as they shook their head at me.
Just then, the bell rang. Katelyn, Zander, and I made our way to our next class, which was P.E.
"He's not as bad as you think he is, Sterling, I mean. He is actually very sweet once he starts to care." Zander said as we entered our class.
I snorted "Are you sure we're talking about the same arrogant, cocky full of himself, Sterling, buddy? Because he is no way 'sweet' I guess. Let me tell you this 'Sterling' and 'sweet' never fits in the same sentence." I patted Zander's head whilst chuckling as he shook his head at me.
As Katelyn and I went to the girls' changing rooms while Zander went to the boys' one.
Katelyn said quietly "Maybe he is good under his whole bad boy façade? You should give him a chance. You can't judge him; you don't even know him." Trying to convince me but failing miserably because there is no way I'm giving that boy a chance.
"Sweetie, there is no way I'm gonna give him a chance so don't worry that pretty little head of yours because trust me I know him enough," I say but don't miss the eye roll she gives.
Speaking of the devil.
Just then a ball hit's the back of my head, turning around to see none other than Satan himself smiling 'innocently' at me as he picks the ball which rolls from my side to his "Sorry, didn't see you there" he says. I give him a hard glare, but before I could even think of getting back at him, the coach gathers us around as he instructs us to do five laps, which was a piece of cake for me. 
I was the first to reach the water stand after completing five laps, followed by Sterling. Ignoring his scowl, I huff a breath and drink some water before running to the coach to select my team for soccer, which is Girls vs. Boys. 

Half-time, and we are ahead by 2-1. I had one assist and one selfgoal. We continue to play till we are a tie, which means 2-2, which was, of course, done by Sterling. He smirks. I flip him off. 
There are 10 seconds left for the game to get over when one of the boys, I think, Matt pushes one of my teammates.
And here we got a penalty which I am taking. I observed the position taken by the boys as they frustratedly blamed Matt. I noticed Sterling is right in front of the goal. A quick plan of getting back at him forms in my head. I smirk, Sterling notices but looks confused. Before he had the chance of knowing what I was doing, I kicked the ball right on his face, and the ball bounced back at me. Everything happened in slow motion. The boys leap for the ball as I dodge Zander and bicycle it into the goal. And that is how we won by 3-2. After our celebration, the coach pats me on my shoulder and said "good game".
I spot Sterling on the benches. I made my way towards him as I picked my bottle "Sorry about your eye, I really didn't see you there" I smiled innocently at him, basically mocking him. He glares, I laugh as it is kind of funny to see him with one black eye. 
"I'll get back at you, Woods!" he yells as I make my way out of the gym but not before flipping him.

--------------------------------------------
Hello, my lovely readers! My published novel in this together is now available on Amazon and google Books and booksclubin also ebooks. I hope you guys enjoy it !!!!