Chapter 20: Apologies for Invasion

I've been sitting here for the past week. Leo dropped me off here on Monday night and he constantly comes with some food and updates.

I've not heard from my friends for about a week, apart from the fact they still come to my house and wait for me to show up for hours, that's what Leo has told me.

Well, I'm touched, but they can't keep doing this. I want to go and slap some senses in each and every one of them especially Sterling. He freaking hacked Leo's mobile phone and he had to throw it away so no one could find out my location.

Just then Leo entered "It's weird. I'm not able to keep track of your friends from the past 2 days," he says.

"What? This is not good and you know it. They'll get hurt and I'll be responsible for it." I said panicking as I walk back and forth the room.

"I know, I know. The last time we saw them at a gas station outside your town. We thought they were coming for you, but then we saw them at Havlon High-your high school.

Then we last saw them at the coffee shop near the highway that's where we lost them. But I'm working on it." With that, he gave me a paper bag from McDonald's and went to work.

Also, did I mention that I can't find my Journal? Yeah, I can't which is just GREAT. Just what I needed. To hyperventilate about. I asked Leo to search for it in my room but he didn't find it and told me to chill. Chill? CHILL? HOW CAN I "CHILL" WHEN MY JOURNAL IS LOST, MEANING THE POINT OF LIVING IS FREAKING LOST!!!

"Calm breaths Catherine. Calm and deep breaths. Breathe in and breathe out." I remind myself. I need to fight.

I was in the fighting ring, practicing some of my moves from the past 5 hours because Leo has been setting me up for fights since I got here. I stopped fighting when I was 15 but I still remember. I was almost finished when Leo entered with a phone-scratch that of a broken phone.

"Leo, what's that?" I asked. "This phone was found where your friends were last spotted. I think it belongs to one of your friends." He handed me

"No, I don't think so. It's not theirs, " I assured him. But I know it has some connection to it.

I took a bath and went to my room to lie down before the fight.

There was a knock at the door

"Ready?" Leo asked

"Yep" I walked to the ring with Leo.

"This area is safe, so you don't have to worry about Dean or Damon coming here, okay? I've checked." He assures me before the fight.

"I trust you, Leo," I say with a smile.

I'm fighting with a man twice my size. He smirks at my size, but I smirk back because I know he has a weakness, which causes him to falter. I observe carefully- Ah found it! Time to go down champ. He's slow on his legs and isn't able to focus on his moves and his leg movements.

I fake a move when he falters; I quickly stick my feet between his legs and pull it out fast. As this is happening, I throw a hard punch on his face.

I hear a crack.

I smirk.

Got the nose big boy.

On that note, the referee announces the winner, but I'm already out of the ring and started heading to my room.

"Well done Catherine, still didn't lose your touch, huh?" Leo says.

"It's all because of you, Leo. I wouldn't be here without you." I hug him.

He pats my back before rushing me to my room.

"Leo, did you find out-" I stop as I open my room door and was shocked at what I just saw in my room-

"Sterling?"