Chapter 13: Coding Favour

Justin got admitted to the hospital, nothing too serious just some minor injuries and a fractured hand. Hate to admit it but this place gets boring without Justin and his lame jokes. Half the day was already too quick to pass by, right now I was walking towards the cafeteria for lunch. I heard giggles, and guess who it was: Lauren and her sidekicks of course.

Ding! Ding! Ding! And we have a winner.

I ignored them and continue to walk until Lauren spat her gum inches away from my shoes and pushed me, caught off guard, I fell.

"I told you to stay away, but you, just couldn't, you?" She sneered with her hands on her hips.

I took my time to get up. By now everyone was laughing at me, but I kept my calm. As soon as I got up, I looked at her squarely with a cold look on my face which sent shivers down their spines. Somewhere in the crowd, I caught Sterling's eye as if he knew what my next move was, he shook his head before mouthing 'not worth it'.

But I already had enough of this lascivious girl. Her empty threats were pissing me off. I sniggered at her confused expression before she could even open her mouth, I threw a hard punch straight on her face. She cried out in pain as for her sidekicks, they had already run off to God knows where.

Lauren pathetically tried to pull my hair, but before she could do so, I twisted her arm making her yelp in pain. Sterling finally managed to pull me away "c'mon, let's go."

"Sterly help me, see what she did." An extremely high-pitched voice interrupted us. "Sorry Lauren, but you deserved it." With that, we walked away.

Just as we settled down at our table waiting for our friends to join us.

"Why is Lauren a sobbing wreck?" Zander asked.

"I heard some girl breather into a pulp" Jesse continued.

"It's good though someone had to put her in her place" Olivia too jump in.

They continued to talk about 'the girl' who put Lauren in her place.

Sterling and I sat in silence, he threw his arm on my shoulder and smirked at me as I tried to stifle my smile. Unfortunately for us, Katelyn, who has been quiet all this while noticed, her eyes widen at this and mine pleaded with her not to say what she is about to.

"You were the one who did it, aren't you?" She blurted out; I facepalmed.

Our friends stopped instinctively as they gawked at me, I could feel a blush rise to my face.

Jason was the first one to break the silence as he busted out laughing "Don't be ridiculous, she couldn't hurt a fly." Sterling scowled at him, he tried to make a move but I grabbed his hand and held him down.

"Oh, is that so?" I raise my brow at him. He nods as he continues to laugh while clutching his stomach.

"You're right, I couldn't hurt a fly, any way you want my fries? I'm not hungry." I sweetly smiled at him, Sterling grinned knowing my intentions. He nods excitedly, just as he reaches for my fries, I twist his wrist. Hard. He yelps in pain and shrinks back.

"You were saying?" I again smile kindly at him whilst batting my lashes. Our table erupts from laughing as Jason gets up scowling, before going to the school clinic.

The rest of the day passes quickly, with students cheering as I enter every class. "I hate to admit this but I missed Justin's lame jokes," Jesse says as we laugh at him, Katelyn smiles weakly as Jason consoles her.

We decide to visit Justin after school.

"What are you guys doing here?" Justin asks as soon as we entered.