Chapter- 29: Rescue and Reveal

"What do you want?" I ask as soon as I see his face. I walk back into the living room, leaving the door open for him. My aunt is on the extra shift, so she wasn't here.

A few seconds later, I hear him. "Look, I'm sorry for jumping to the conclusion and accusing you of what you didn't even do. I know this is no excuse for why I did what I did, but I was angry, I found out something...... Anyway, since you left, Lilly and Chase are not talking to me. I kind of deserve that after how I behaved -"

"You definitely deserve that." I cut him off. He looked guilty before he cleared his throat. "Just come back."

There was a lapse of silence. Before he said, "I found something that night, and neither one of them was good."

He passed me an envelope. I looked up at him confused, but he just nodded. I slowly opened the envelope, I was stunned to silence when I saw the pictures- scratch that they were pictures of Olivia and each one of them was indifferent- one hiding behind our school building, one in a hoodie hiding behind a tree. There were so many of them; all of them looked like she was spying on someone. One picture caught my attention. It was of me and I talking at the racing tracks, and Olivia was paying attention to every word as we spoke.

I realized that Olivia wasn't there with us at the tracks. She didn't even know about it. She was clueless the next day when the boys were not talking to us. I gasped and looked at Sterling wide-eyed

"That means she's spying on me?" he merely nodded.

"That's not over here. Even the worst part is, I found about this through Sebastian, one of his men had informed him and when I went there to convince them I won't be working for them anymore, they gave me this and not only that they have Leo. They have kept Leo as a hostage and told me that if I didn't continue working for them, they'll kill him."

By the time he finished explaining, I was in shock.

"How did they approach you, I thought you were in hiding?" I asked after recovering from the shock. He hesitated before answering, "I.... I was... um.... I was going to the place where my dad was taking us before my mom and sister died. I mean, it would be somewhere important, right?"

I nodded. "Well, did you reach there? Where was it?" I asked.

He shook his head, no. "Before I got there, Sebastian's men took me."

"Oh, " I said

"What now?" I ask after a moment of silence.

"I have to lay low until I think of something." He says.