Chapter - 36: Risky Investigation

The next day, I found the dining table full. There were bacon, eggs, pancakes with chocolate toppings, waffles with strawberry and whipped cream, orange, and apple juice. There were also my favorite Reese's peanut butter cups along with pop tarts. Ignoring the chef himself, I seated myself and started devouring each and every dish on the table. After finishing all of it, I looked up to see Sterling's jaw on the floor with his fork midway. "How could you eat all of it so quickly. I made that for everyone. They're - "

He got cut off by our friends entering the dining room

"-Here" Sterling completed

Shrugging, I took my bag and walked out of the house. As I was climbing my bike, a hand stopped me. "See, I'm sorry I was harsh earlier, but it wasn't my intention to, you know, that right? Can't you forgive me? I promise I won't do it again. Ever." He pleaded.

"Only if you get me ice cream," I compromised.

His eyes widen. "How could you eat-"

I glared

"Never mind, I will buy you as many you want, alright? Now, can we go to Daisy's? I and the rest haven't eaten, " he said.

Everyone was seated in the booth except Jason since he was running late, according to Katelyn, who was dating him. Yep, that happened. No one likes it, but we have to support it since she's our friend. Also, Justin is avoiding her at all costs, which is why he's sitting next to me and the reason why Sterling keeps on glaring at him as he squirms in his seat. I nudge Sterling. Raising his hands in defense, he goes back to his burger.

"Alright, let's go through our plan once again," I announce. "Zander, you're up,"

Olivia and I will leave after the 3rd period calling in sick and will go investigate Dean. Then, I will get on the train to Philadelphia from where I will catch up with Sterling and will try to track his location." He says.

"Justin, Jesse, and I will be skipping after lunch due to some emergency at my aunt's hospital and will be going to my hometown to which I've already sent your tickets. We'll find clues for Damon's whereabouts and evidence to get him into jail and other stuff. Alright, Zander, you are the only one who's doing this plan, so what are you waiting for?" I sigh.

"Olivia and I will leave after 3rd period calling in sick and will go investigate Dean then I will get on the train to Philadelphia from where I will catch up with Sterling and will try to track his location." He says.

Once we're in school, we meet up with Jason. As we were walking towards our first class, I noticed Jason was holding on to Katelyn since he was limping, but no one seemed to notice because he was discreet about it. Suddenly, the warning bell rang, and we rushed to our classes.

"This is the coefficient...." The math teacher continued teaching when I raised my hand, I left my homework in the locker. After excusing myself from the class, I went straight to my locker, but something weird happened. My locker wall seemed to catch on some vibrations. The janitor's room was right before our lockers. Leaning in, I saw the screws of my locker were loose halfway. I quickly loosened the first screw completely to see a figure talking to someone in a hushed voice

"Ya.... It's changed, alright...... they changed it...... get him out of there... just do it... alright.... hmmm ...bye."

Putting my locker back in place, I quickly took my homework out and shut the locker.

The bell rang for the fourth period. I was talking with Jesse when I saw a figure hiding. Immediately recognizing him, I yanked him backward, pinning him straight to the wall. I started throwing punches at him, and I couldn't get ahold of my anger. "What the hell were you thinking coming back here Dean?" I seethed as I continued beating him up until someone finally pulled me back. Jesse, Justin, and Sterling were holding me back as the kids took him to the infirmary.

Jesse and Justin got in the car with me. They must've given the leave application. I started the car, turned to Sterling, who was leaning against the car window, and he said, "Be safe," as he handed me the first aid kit for my wrist.

"You too." I smiled before I drove off.