Epilogue

Epilogue

"Stella, if you don't come down here now you'll be late to your own event!" Zayn called out to me.

I laughed and checked my reflection one last time. I shut the light off in our bedroom and made my way down the hall. Emily and I had gotten back our loft in New York but it was Zayn's and I now. It was where we stayed whenever we came to New York. We also moved in with each other in London. It's been almost a year since Zayn's asked me to promise I'd marry him someday. It's been almost a year since the boys practically finished the gallery for us. Tonight was the grand opening of it. Emily and managed to start our own photography business. It's not terribly popular but with the help of One Direction giving us shout outs, more and more people are calling to be shot and are becoming interested in our photos.

I walked into the living room and Zayn grinned as he saw my appearance. I was wearing a black dress that had a pencil skirt and a peplum top. I matched it with red heels. I tightly wrapped my hair in a ballerina bun and brought with me a red clutch.

"Well, look at you," He had a half grin on his face. He took a step towards me and whispered in my ear, "You look ravishing."

His voice sent chills down my spine. Even after almost two years together he never ceases to make me feel like it's our first date.

I smiled sweetly and kissed his cheek, "Thank you. Now let's go before we're late." I tugged on his hand and led him out the door.

He drove us to the gallery. As we pulled up, Emily and Harry were walking in and paparazzi was all over them.

"Of course they're here," He said under his breath.

"Least it gives the gallery some recognition," I said, stating the positive.

Zayn shrugged and stepped out of the door. I went to open my door but Zayn quickly ran to my side and opened it for me.

"Still a gentlemen," I smirked.

Zayn grinned and took my hand in his. We went through the crowd of paparazzi and surprisingly they were being calm and not so rude like they usually are. They gave us space and even said congratulations to me. I thanked them of course. We walked in the door and the gallery was full of people roaming and looking at photos.

"Oh my god," I whispered at the sight of all the people. I put my hand over my mouth.

Zayn smiled at my reaction and squeezed my hand. We walked over to Emily and Harry and I pulled her in for a hug.

"We did it, Stell! We did it!" She said to me.

I laughed, "I know I can't believe it. This is so amazing." I looked out amongst the crowd and tried to find some familiar faces.

I saw Danielle and Liam walking together staring at the photos. Eleanor and Louis were off in the corner, talking with drinks in hand. Niall came up to us to talk and he and Zayn got into a deep conversation about something. I was barely paying attention though. Then I saw the familiar blue eyes staring at me and started running towards them.

"Alex!" I smiled brightly and threw my arms around him.

"Hey Stella," He chuckled and hugged me back.

"Oh my god, I thought you wouldn't be able to make it!"

"You think I'd miss this? No way! I wanted to support you and Emily," He smiled genuinely.

"Thank you so much," I said.

"Aw, no problem. I did help with the gallery anyway," Alex shrugged.

I giggled, "Yes, this couldn't have happened without you."

"Ah, there you are," I heard Zayn's voice say behind me.