Chapter 7 - Great, Great Friends

Chapter 7

The seven of us celebrated by going out to eat at Panera, fancy right? When we walked in a couple of people immediately recognized the boys. They came up asking for pictures and the boys gladly accepted. Some girls asked us who Emily and I were and Liam introduced us as the band's photographers.

"Aww, I'm jealous you guys get to take pictures of them all the time as your job!" One girl cried. It made me laugh.

Emily and I were sitting in our booth waiting for the boys who were talking to the girls. One blonde was practically throwing herself at Zayn. My gut was full of jealousy and I couldn't stop glaring at her.

Emily must have noticed, "Damn girl, looks like you're trying to murder that girl with your eyes." She laughed

Blondie had her hand on Zayn's shoulder throwing her head back in laughter at something he said. He didn't seem too interested but it still annoyed me.

Our little buzzer buzzed signaling our food was ready.

"I'll get it!" I shot up and went to grab our food. There were 3 plates of food and I knew I couldn't take them all in one trip. I tried to do two at one time. I was about to take a step when I felt a hand on my waist making me jump.

"Oh, sorry didn't mean to scare you love but you looked like you needed help." Zayn's eyebrows crinkled in concern.

"Oh yeah, I could use some of that." I giggled. I handed him one plate and he gave me an adorable smile. He still had his hand firmly on my waist. I looked over my shoulder to see Blondie giving me a death glare with her arms crossed her chest. Me being the mature person I am I stuck my tongue out at her.

We drove the boys back to their hotel when we were done eating because they needed to finish packing. Emily and I needed to start, but first we had to let our boss know what was going on.

I called him to ask him if he was free today. He said yes and I told him to meet us at a coffee shop.

"Hello girls." Peter said has he given us a hug and sat down.

"Hi." Emily and I said in unison.

"You girls are awfully quiet," he chuckled.

"Well, you know how we shot the boy band One Direction," he nodded, "Well, we became very close with them and they asked us to be their photographers." I bit my lip, nervous for his answer.

He let out a breath, "Wow, girls...that's amazing." He smiled.

I was relived. I smiled, "I know, I know. We leave tomorrow actually."

"Tomorrow?" He said in shock, "Well, I guess I should give you guys your last paychecks."

Emily and I both looked confused, "But we don't get paid. We're interns." Emily replied.

"But you do get paid from the One Direction shoot." He pulled out his checkbook and began to write.

Emily and I were stunned. He handed us both a check for $500.

"Oh my god! Thank you so much!" I jumped up and hugged him.

He chuckled and hugged back, "No problem. I'm proud of you girls." He went and hugged Emily, "And remember that I taught you everything you know."

"We won't forget." Emily smiled a twinkle in her eye.

And with that he smiled and left the shop.

*****

Emily and I finally finished packing. We were both exhausted and we flopped down on the couch.

"I'm soo tired!" Emily cried.

"I know me too. I'm going to bed." I replied, rubbing my eyes.

"Yeah, I'm going to pass out any second."

We both said our goodnights and went into our separate rooms. I was in the middle of brushing my teeth when my phone rang.

"Hehro?" I answered my toothbrush still in my mouth.

"Hello? Stella?" A British voice rang on the other end.

I spat out the toothpaste in my mouth, "Zayn?"

"Yeah, it's Zayn."

"Oh, hold on." I rinsed my mouth out with water and picked up my phone, "What's up?"

"I need to talk to you about something."

My stomach fluttered when he said that. The phrase always seemed to worry me.

"Okay..." I said nervously.

"I don't know if you saw or not, but apparently we're dating." he chuckled.

"Huh, oh yeah I saw that. Crazy, right? I wish I knew about it beforehand." I laughed.

"I know me too," I could tell he was smiling," but um, I hope that doesn't scare you away. I'm going to clear it up as soon as possible. I promise."

"No, it's totally fine. I understand with you being a superstar and all."

"Alright, thanks. Well, I should let you sleep, got a big day tomorrow. Goodnight Stel," he said quietly.

"Goodnight, Zayn," I smiled.

I was about to hang up but I heard him say, "Stella,"

"Yes, Zayn?"

"I really hope you don't see me as some big superstar."

"What do you mean," I bite my lip.

"I don't want my friends to see me as a big superstar, especially you. Just look at me as one of your great, great friends."

Before I could reply, he hung up. I put my phone down. I was confused as ever, what did he mean when he said especially me. God, Zayn wasn't making this easy for me.

_____________________________________

This chapter wasn't that great, but they're leaving for tour and that's where some drama happens, so get excitedd(: