Chapter 37 - Tattoos Are Fun

I'm sorry this chapter took so long to get out. I'm actually out of town for my cousin's wedding but I managed to finish this chapter and get it to you guys. So I hope you like it! Please don't forget to vote and comment! I would love to see more of those on here.

Thanks guys(:

__________________________

Chapter 37

I felt warm fingertips stroking the top of my hip. I was slowly waking up. My eyes fluttered open and turned my body over to face the body next to me. Zayn smiled as he saw my face. Our bodies were pressed up against each other in my tiny twin bed. I had to down size from a queen because my new room was too tiny. We were covered with blankets because it was terribly cold and the heater at my apartment recently broke. Tom was at the end of the bed right by my feet.

"Hey," Zayn's voice sleepy and raspy.

"Hi," I said sleepily.

He ran his hand up and down my side, giving me goosebumps.

"Even after 6 months my touch still manages to give you the chills," Zayn smirked.

I giggled, "Guess I'm just not use to it yet."

Zayn kissed my nose, "So, you know I never got my Christmas present."

"That's cause I'm kinda nervous about it." I bit my lip and began running my fingertips up and down Zayn's muscular arms.

He his eyebrows wrinkled in confusion, "Why?"

"Well," I began and instead of watching him I watched as my fingertips traced his 'ZAP' tattoo. I loved that I could be this close to Zayn whenever I wanted.

"What is it, babe?"

"Okay, I want to get a tattoo."

Zayn's face lit up with excitement.

I giggled, "I want to get a tattoo of this," I turned over and grabbed my key necklace off the nightstand. I turned back over and showed him the key, "On the inside of my arm."

"So where do I tie in with this?" Zayn questioned.

"I want you to draw it for me. I know this isn't really the present you were expecting but-"

"No, no babe! This awesome! I love that you want me to draw it. I'm gonna start on it today." Zayn smiled like a little kid. He jumped out of bed and pulled on his sweatpants over his boxers.

I sat up, "Does that mean I might get it today?" I said nervously.

"If I finish it today," Zayn said examining the key, "But I'm gonna do this at my place."

I pouted my lips, "Why?"

"Cause I like to draw on my balcony." Zayn stated simply.

"Can I come?"

"Yeah, sure." Zayn replied.

"Yay!" I cheered and got up to change, "I'm bringing Tom."

Zayn laughed, "And why is that?"

"Cause I barely spend time with him anymore," I said as I picked up Tom in my arms and scratched his head. He started to purr the moment my hand touched his soft head.

"Alright, Harry and Niall might come over too. I told them they could later today."

I nodded and put down Tom then started to change. I was ready within twenty minutes. I put Tom in his little carrier and we went outside to Zayn's car. We buckled up and drove to his flat. As we walked into his toasty apartment, Zayn went straight to his balcony. I let him be and let Tom out of his carrier. He slowly walked out. He had never been to Zayn's apartment and I knew he would be curious. Tom immediately started bopping around sniffing things out. I walked off into Zayn's bedroom and picked up my bag of clothes. I was looking for a pair of fuzzy socks I thought I had left there. Instead of finding my socks, I found my Nikon camera

"Weird," I mumbled to myself. I didn't remember this being here. I shrugged it off and took hold of it. I walked back into the living room and Tom was jumping around, confused by his shadow. He wasn't much of a kitten anymore but he still acted like one. I sat down on the pure white couch and cycled through the photos on the camera. I smiled as I looked at the ones from the concerts a couple months back. I looked over at Zayn on the balcony. He was so focused with a sketch pad and pencil in hand. It's like he was in his own world. His hand moved swiftly over the page and the pencil made markings. He examined the key then went back to drawing. I lifted the camera to my face and began taking photos of Zayn. The sun was hitting him just right. His profile was perfect as always. I look a couple and then Zayn looked up and noticed me with the camera.

Zayn smirked, "Have I become your model?" He joked.

I nodded and set the camera in my lap, "Mhm, one of the best models too."

Zayn chuckled, "So how's the drawing going?" I asked him curiously.

He looked down at the sketch and then back to me, "Pretty well. It's gonna take me while to get the detail though. If you aren't getting this today you're definitely getting it tomorrow."

"Hopefully tomorrow." I sighed.

Zayn looked at me confused. He set the sketch pad and pencil aside. He came inside and sat next to me on the couch, "Why hopefully tomorrow?"

"I don't know. I'm just nervous I guess. What if it doesn't look good?" I bit my lip. Zayn looked my lips. I forgot how he loved it when I did that, so I stopped.

Zayn stepped out of the little trance, "Babe, it's gonna look great. Don't be afraid. Tattoos are awesome." He grinned happily.

I giggled, "Well I know you love them."

Zayn chuckled, "Just trust me on this." He kissed my forehead and went back to his masterpiece.

I took a couple more photos as he worked. I heard the sound of a door open and two guys talking.

"Hello? Anyone home?" A wonderful Irish accent called out.

"In the living room," I called back out.

The boys came into the living room and smiled as they saw me.

"Hey Haz! Hey Niall!" I shouted happily as I pulled them into warm hugs.

"Hey love, watcha doing?" Harry said as he plopped down onto the couch and pulled Tom into his lap who was on top of a pillow.

"I'm just here hanging out. Zayn is out there drawing." I pointed behind myself.

Harry peered outside at the balcony and then looked back at me, "What's he drawing?"

I slowly sat down on the couch and Niall sat on the love seat that was to the left of the couch, "Well, I'm getting a tattoo and he's drawing it for me."

Both of the boys' faces came over with shock, "You're really getting a tattoo?" Niall questioned.

I nodded, "What are you getting a tattoo of?" Harry said running his strangely large hand through his shaggy hair.

"That key necklace I wear all the time, I'm getting that tattooed on the inside of my arm." I said running my hand up an down the spot that was soon to be covered in black ink.

"That'll look sick," Harry smirked.

"Yeah, I'm excited but kind of nervous too."

"Ah, don't be. Tattoos are fun." Harry swatted his hand as if he was saying 'No big deal'.

"Yeah, Zayn pretty much said the same thing." I let out a big breath.

"You're gonna love it once you get it," Harry said.

I nodded unsurely. Niall changed the subject by explaining how he and Louis got terribly drunk the other night and they went to the wrong flat. Louis kept trying to unlock the door but it wouldn't work. Someone finally came to the door and chased them out the building. I was honestly surprised he remember the event. I made the boys a late lunch meal and they stayed almost all night. I kept asking Zayn to see if he wanted or needed anything but he was too focused on the drawing. His only responses were mumbled no's. By 8 o'clock, Niall, Harry, and I started watching The Hangover II.

Zayn walked in as the movie started. He stood there holding up the finished drawing. He looked at me and smirked, "Guess who's getting a tattoo tomorrow?"