Chapter 6 - I Hate Surprises

Chapter 6

I woke up to sun peaking through my curtains. I woke up alone, my arms spread out on either side of me. I propped myself up on my elbows and looked around for any signs of Zayn still being here. I pulled away the covers and hopped off my bed. I walked out into the hall and into the kitchen. I heard two voices mumbling to each other

"Hey there sleeping beauty!" I heard Emily's voice call.

"Oh hey, where were you last night?" I asked her. Zayn was sitting on a barstool at the breakfast counter.

"Harry, Niall, Louis, and I drank a little much so we all crashed in Liam's hotel room." She explained as she poured more orange juice into her glass cup.

"Damn girl." I joked, causing little laughs to echo through the pearl, white kitchen.

"What about you? You had a little sleepover with Mr. Bradford Boy here." She nudged Zayn's elbow as she sat next to him.

I leaned over the counter across from them," Something happened last night and I didn't want to be alone." I explained

"What happened babe?" She grabbed for my hand.

I took a quick glance at Zayn. I could tell he wanted to know but he wasn't going to push me.

"I'll tell you later. I'm not ready to talk about." And I meant that. I wasn't just saying that because I wasn't ready for Zayn to know. I was saying it because it was just too hard to talk about. My mind just can't process knowing my father could be out of prison soon.

"So Zayn when do you and the boys leave again?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"We actually leave tomorrow night for the next tour."

I tried to hide my disappointment," Oh that sounds fun." I managed to smile.

"Yeah, the lads are excited."

I noticed how he just said "the lads" he didn't include himself.

"We should do something today before you guys leave," Emily suggested.

"Yeah, we'd really like that." Zayn smiled nodding his head.

"I agree, but before we do anything I need to shower." I said as I straightened my back.

Zayn chuckled, "Yeah, me too."

"Alright well how about you head back to the hotel. Stel and I will plan something out and we'll call you to let you guys know what's going on."

"Sounds good." Zayn clapped his hands and rubbed them together.

He got up and grabbed his jacket. Emily and I both hugged him goodbye. Once the door was shut Emily's lip formed into an 'O'.

"What did you guys do last night? Did you see him naked? Was he good?" She whispered the last sentence.

"EMILY!" I shouted in shock.

"What?" She asked in confusion.

"Zayn and I did not do anything last night. The only reason he stayed was because I found out my father may be let of prison," Tears were forming now," and I didn't want to be alone all night."

Emily's face softened, "Oh my god, babe I'm so sorry." She pulled into a tight hugged and she stroked my hair.

Emily was the only person I trusted with the story. She knew everything so therefore she was the only one I could talk to her about it with the exception of my mother.

"I'm going to shower now." I said pulling away from the hug.

She nodded and I walked off to the bathroom.