Chapter 23 - You Should Put Some Pants On

Chapter 23

"Don't worry mate...I can leave tomorrow...I know I'm sorry...I just wanted to be with Stella...Alright I'll talk to you later Liam." I heard Zayn talking quietly in the kitchen.

I walked in with my over-sized sweater on that covered my sleep shorts. It was hanging off my shoulder and I had total bed hair. I saw Zayn sitting on one of the barstools without his shirt on.

"Hey," I pulled the sleeves of the sweater so that it covered my hands.

He looked up and smiled, "Hey," His voice was raspy and oh, so, sexy.

I walked up to him and leaned myself up against his knees and held on to my waist to steady me.

"You know you should really have some pants on," Zayn smirked.

I giggled, "Shut up. I do have pants on. And even if I didn't that would mean you should probably have a shirt on," I poked his bare chest.

"The thing is I know you like it when I'm shirtless," He whispered seductively.

"And you'd probably like it if I was pants less, I whispered back.

He smirked as he ran his hands up and down my sides, "Stella I know I've only known for about 3 months now and we just went on our first date but," He paused and looked right into my eyes," I love you."

Oh my god. He said I Love You. Do I love Zayn? I don't know. I really really like him but do I love him? I had absolutely no idea what to say. I needed more time to figure out the answer.

I leaned in and kissed him without saying anything. It was a soft and passionate kiss. I was afraid of pulling away because I didn't know what to say. Zayn pulled away and just smiled.

I decided to say something before he could, "So, what were you saying to Liam?"

"I, uh, I need to go back soon. We have to start recording the new album." Zayn explained.

I frowned slightly, "How soon?" I bit my lip nervously.

"Liam wants me to leave tomorrow night," Zayn replied quietly.

"Oh..." I mumbled.

He held my hands in his, "You should come with! I mean Emily's still there. You'll get to spend more time with El and Dani, and plus you'll be with me," He shrugged.

"Zayn, I don't know if I can do that. I mean I've just got settled in and I have the kitten. It'll be just too much," I sighed.

Zayn's head dropped. He lifted it up after a few seconds, "Babe, please, I just want to be with you," He whispered.

I didn't reply right away, "I want to see my dad soon so I can't go to London then back to Chicago."

Zayn just stared at me, "When did you want to see him?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe this weekend. I want you to come with me, like you said."

"Of course. I will go with you. I'll call Liam and tell him you and I have to sort out some things."

"Thank you," I whispered.

He grinned, "Anything for you, babe." He kissed me lightly.

******

Zayn and I went out around town and I showed him all my favorite spots in the city. We were being followed my some paparazzi and fans. We didn't show any signs of being a relationship. Although he held my hand a couple of times as we went through big crowds.

I heard all these people shouting,

"Who is she Zayn?"

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"Give her a kiss!"

I knew Zayn would never respond. He wasn't ready to become public and I wasn't either. I was terrified to be honest. The fans are what scared me the most. The hate I would I get is what makes me scared. I don't take criticism very well.

As we were looking a boutique my phone went off. I looked to see my mom was calling.

"Hold on Zayn," I held up my phone to show him. He nodded and I walked off to the back of the store.

"Hi mom. I was going to call you later. I have something to tell you."

"I have something to tell you too," She said.

"Alright, I'll go first. I'm coming this weekend to see...dad. And I'm going to bring Zayn."

"Oh my goodness, honey that's great. I'm so proud but why would you bring Zayn?" She questioned.

"Well, we're dating now and he knows how hard this will be for me and he said he would come."

"Ohh, I can't wait to meet him," She said excitedly.

I giggled, "So what's your news?"

"Well, you won't only be seeing your dad this weekend, you are going to see your brother. And I have to say he's doing better."

"Oh my god, really? Wow, this will be an interesting weekend."

"I know but I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to see you too. I miss you."

"I miss you too Mom."

"I'll talk to you later sweetie."

"Bye mom," I said before hanging up.

I walked back up to Zayn who was trying to figure out how a dress worked.

"Where the hell does your head go? This dress is messed up." He held it up the dress which has multiple holes in it.

I smiled, "Fashion these days," I shook my head.

Zayn chuckled and put the dress away, "So what's up?"

"Well, I get to see my brother next week too." I informed him.

"Really? Well that's good." He said unsurely.

"It is actually. My mom said he's doing better too. So I'm kinda excited." I said.

"I'm happy for you," He pulled me into a hug.

"Just can't wait till this weekend," I said into his chest.

He kissed the top of my head and pulled himself out of the hug, "I can't wait either."