Chapter 41 - Stella Loves You, Man

Chapter 41

Zayn's Point of View

"Zayn please can I have an autograph!"

"Will you marry me?"

"I love you so much!"

The boys and I decided to say hello to the fans since we had a day off. I was surrounded by starstruck girls. I signed as much as I could. As I was signing someone's shoe, a thick piece of paper was thrown at me.

"I'm sorry!" A girl called out.

I chuckled, "It's alright!" I called out in the direction the paper came from.

I bent down and picked up the paper. It was a magazine. One the cover was a picture of Stella and I. The front headline said,

"One Direction Girlfriend Caught Cheating"

What? I looked in the corner and saw a little picture of Stella walking around with another guy. They weren't holding hands or anything but they were awfully close together. Girls kept calling my name. I looked up and realized I had to pay my attention back to them. I stuck the magazine in my back pocket and went back to signing and talking with the girls. After a while, the boys and I went back into the bus. I walked into to the lounge, pulled out the magazine and sat down on the couch. I opened up to the page the story was on. There were multiple pictures of Stella with this guy, who looked vaguely familiar. They had gone out to lunch, did some shopping, and walked around. I started reading the article and found out the guy's name, Alex. Alex, Alex, where do I know him from? Then it came to me. We met on New Years Eve. He hit on my girlfriend. He liked her. He probably still likes her. A flash of anger shot through me and I threw the magazine on the ground. Harry walked in just as I did and bent down to pick it up. He looked at the cover and then looked at me.

"You know it can't be true." Harry said.

I sighed, "Well, what if it is?"

"But it's not. Stella loves you, man. She would never do this to you. Besides you're way better looking than this guy." Harry tried to comfort me.

"Whatever," I mumbled and went to lay in my bunk.

I realized why that girl actually said sorry when she threw the magazine at me.

****

"So Zayn, I really wanted to say I'm sorry about that night from Louis's birthday. I feel so stupid and I totally regret it," Perrie apologized to me as we walked into a little coffee shop.

"It's all in the past now. No worries," It wasn't much of an acceptance to the apology but I mean it was something.

Perrie sat down at a table as I went to order some drinks and a few pastries. I came back and set them on the table. I took a seat and took a sip of my coffee.

"So I guess we're getting a second chance at this," Perrie said picking up a blueberry muffin.

I looked at her puzzled, "What do you mean?"

"I mean we can actually be friends. If we can't be together there's nothing wrong with friendship, right?" She took a bite of the muffin.

"Yeah, I guess." I said quietly.

Perrie just looked at me, "Is there something wrong?"

"No, I uh, just something happened a couple days ago and I just can't get it out of my mind."

"What is it?" Perrie asked interested.

"I really don't-"

"Come on Zayn you can tell me!" Perrie smiled at me, edging me to go on.