Chapter 11 - When I Was Sixteen

Chapter 12

Stella's POV

Harry, Louis, and Emily went straight to bed. I quickly changed into my pajamas. Harry set out blankets and pillows for me. I made my little bed on the couch and lay down. I was scrolling through Facebook when my mother called me.

"Hey mom!" I greeted.

"Hi, honey. I know it must be late there but there is something I really need to tell you." Her voice was shaking.

"What is it mom?" I started to bite my nails, something I tend to do when I'm nervous.

She took a while before she replied, "Your father is out. He's free. He's staying with his mother right now."

I had no reaction at first. I didn't say anything. No tears. Nothing.

"Sweetie?" My mother called for me.

"I-I can't believe this." I slowly said.

"Honey, I'm so sorry. I thought I should tell you."

"I understand. I'm just going to go to bed. I love you mom. Bye." I hung up before she could reply.

I set my phone down and that's when I started to cry. I was terrified. What if he found me? What if he hurt me? I was bawling my eyes. I tried to quiet my sobs but I just couldn't.

I heard footsteps coming down the hallway and I tried to stop. It was just too hard.

"Stella?" Harry called.

I didn't reply.

He saw me and he rushed over to me."Babe, what's wrong?" He pulled me into his arms.

I rested my head on his chest. I could barely speak.

"Shhh," he cooed, "Its okay." He whispered into my hair.

I thought about it. I was thinking about telling him everything. How my father hurt me and left me with a scar and he's out of jail.

"Harry, I want to tell you something but you can't tell anyone, please." I looked up at him with my sad, reddened eyes.

"Of course what is it?" He took a piece of my hair and tucked it behind my ear.

"When I was 16 my father shot me." I told him the entire story. I told him everything. I had to stop a couple times because it was just too hard. He held me tighter whenever I stopped. It was like a little push to keep going. I told him about my scar. I even told him the night Zayn slept with me. I even told him my feelings for Zayn. He was a little taken back but he agreed we would be a good couple. That put a smile on my face.

"Stella, I know hard this must be for you. I promise I won't be telling anyone." He kissed the top of my head.

"I know you're sort of with Emily but can you please just here tonight."

"Yes, I'll stay with you. I'll just sleep on the other couch." He pointed the couch that was to the left of the one we were sitting on.

I nodded, "That's fine."

He got up and tucked me in underneath the blankets. He kissed the top of my head again and laid down on the other couch. He fell asleep pretty fast but it took me a few minutes.

I was afraid of having nightmares about my father. I was afraid he would hurt me. I was afraid of anything that involving him.

__________________________________________________

I know it's another short chapter but it's one of my favorites because of the moment between Stella and Harry(: