Chapter 43 - Don't Be Sorry For What You Feel

Chapter 43

After another two days in California, the girls and I made our way back home. The last day there was their concert and we knew we couldn't miss that, but afterwards we knew we had to go. The flight felt as if it wasnever ending and was terribly exhausting. Emily and I made our way up the stairs of our apartment complex. The elevator recently broke, luckily we were only on the third floor. When we walked through the door, Alex was there with Tom in his lap.

"Hey welcome home!" Alex greeted.

"Hey, thanks so much for taking care of Tom," I breathed out, a little tired from carrying our bags up the stairs.

"Ah, no problem. He's a pretty chill cat." Alex chuckled.

"Maybe he was for you. Not for me," I giggled and sat next to him. Emily walked into the kitchen to find something to snack on.

"Hey, I wanted to talk to you real quick 'bout something." Alex said quietly; his voice serious.

"Sure, shoot." I turned my body towards him to give him all my attention.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry. Sorry, I told you I liked you and sorry that I caused drama between and you and Zayn. That was never my intention."

"Don't be sorry for what you feel. I find it very brave that you told me how you felt considering the kind of spotlight I'm in. And you didn't really cause the drama. Stupid media did. They're always out to get people and ruin their lives. You're totally good, Alex. You didn't do anything wrong."

Alex let out a sigh of relief, "Alright, good."

"Although, Zayn isn't that big fan of you."

"I understand. Does that mean you can't see me anymore?" He pouted.

"Eh, I think Zayn will be fine. I'm not gonna let him from me seeing you. That's just wrong."

Alex chuckled, "Good, I'm not ready to let my friend go." He shook up my hair.

"Hey!" I swatted his hand away, laughing. Alex laughed along making Tom jump away from his lap.

"Look at that, you scared Tom off!" I shouted.

"I think it was your hair." Alex chuckled.

I turned away from Alex to look at the mirror hanging on the wall behind me. My hair was a still a mess from when he shook it up. I laughed at my funny appearance and turned back to him. I put my hand in his hair and shook it up as well.

"Ah, did you put gel in your hair?" I took my hand back, examining it.

"Ha! Got you there."

"Bleh," I stuck my tongue out and wiped my hand on his shirt.

Emily walked in, feeding on some pita chips. She sat down between Alex and I and turned on the TV, then stuffed her face with chips.

"Ah! Friends is on!" She shouted, bits of chips flying out her mouth.

"Classy, Em, classy," I said.

Emily looked at me and put on a big, jokingly grin causing me to laugh. The three of us sat there watching hours and hours of episodes of Friends. I began getting uncomfortable halfway through and laid myself across Emily and Alex; my head in his lap. I eventually fell asleep and was woken up by Emily at the end of the marathon. I looked up and Alex was asleep as well.

"It's pretty late. I think boy toy here should be leavin'," Emily muttered out, scratching her head.

I nodded and sat up. I shook Alex's shoulder lightly.